Betta Fish Forum banner

OH NO! SHE'S.. sleeping.

6K views 45 replies 36 participants last post by  cp6445 
#1 ·
I am sooo guilty of waking up sleeping fish. Like I get so freaked out, cause I automatically assume the fish would be.. Dead. I feel so bad lol D:

Does anyone else do this? :lol:

#31 ·
LOL I love this thread! :lol: I've done that with both Watson and Holmes! XD Once I looked over and Holmes was midway up his tank, head up and tail down, almost vertical. If I remember right he wasn't too happy about me interrupting his sleep as I was tapping the tank and saying, "Oh no, you'd better not be a dead faker!"

#32 ·
Found out that Hector's a big faker. I took him out of his tank and put him into his cup for the weekly water change, and he sank to the bottom and was laying on his side. Freaked me the heck out! The moment I put him back in his tank (which was half-a-panicked-second later), he started swimming around happily. The little jerk!

#33 ·
My roommate was in the store with me. With a sad face he pointed to one betta, floating on his side. (I knew he was alive because his gills were moving xD ) and he taps the glass and the little bigger darts off. "OH MY GOD IT'S ALIVE!" :lol: best reaction ever.

Jekyll, is the mellow betta (STILL mellow) and he puts himself betwene the glass and plant, in a way he LOOKS DEAD x.x darn. If he dies, I won't notice.

#34 ·
I had my first "Omg he's dead!" heart attack last night actually. I lifted the blanket I put on his tank and found him sitting on his side, I freaked out and was like "WHAT?!" and he started wiggling on his side and I panicked more thinking he is ACTUALLY dying..then discovered he was just showing off his new "flip" trick.

#35 ·
:lol:
I had a betta who swam perfectly horizontal, along the bottom of the tank where he could see his reflection (the rocks were not there) now THAT is weird. o.o and scary "omg is he.... just being stupid. ><"

#39 ·
One of my boys was so still at the bottom of his tank I stuck my hand in the water to nudge him and he just bobbled there. I tried to scoop him up and he shot up to the top of the tank and I wound up yanking my hand back so fast I got water everywhere. I've had other scares, and a couple that were true. :(

#42 ·
Im guilty of waking up poor Goblin more than once. He likes to sleep on his side on his silk plants near the top of his tank, or in his little cave. He uses the filter to push himself onto the silk plants to lounge. Ive tapped his tank more than once and he looks at me like 'what was that for butthead?'

#43 ·
I'm so lucky I don't have this problem. Rosso is usually awake and roaming around by the time I get up and feed him. I did wake him the other day because he was acting all dead and I had to be certain that he hadn't decided to pass while he was in his temple. :-|

#44 ·
Yuuki and Ryu sleep in to like 9. So i'm like quiet and try not to shake them or anything but I have to turn on the lights and of course the Budgies and the other fish are up. XD I wish I could tuck them in at night. Har..

#45 ·
My Red (RIP), a red male VT used to sleep at the bottom, sideways and when you tap on the glass, he wouldn't wake up. You'd have to tap for a minute or two and then he SLOWLY wakes up. It scares me more than a few times.

My current 2 CTs, Spot and Blaze sleep on their plants near the surface so I know they are alive. One Super Delta, Pineapple sleeps afloat and the other sleeps head down, tail up on the bottom...that is scary too.

#46 ·
I do it ALL THE TIME even though every night I tell myself: "I am not going to repeatedly turn on the light to verify that Keller is just sleeping in his log and not dead..." And then I turn on the light... And every time he comes swimming out, wiggle wiggle wiggle. And so I feel obligated to give him a midnight snack.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.