Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-28-2012, 05:48 AM   #11 
bettaboyshiva

Nice fish :)...i think i see some dragon scaling..not sure
bettaboyshiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 01:04 PM   #12 
Hopeseeker

So pretty!!! I love dragons!!! Still wanting one!!!
Hopeseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 10:06 PM   #13 
peachesxo

Thaaaank you :)
This little bugger would not stop playing in the filter baffle, which is cute, yes, except I was using a plastic plant as a baffle, and sure enough i wake up this morning to a itty bitty tear in his top fin (which is pretty much the apocalypse) - never had a betta so obsessed with the filter so using it was never a problem with my others in the past but yes, the second i saw him playing in it I knew it would be trouble and of course I was right.

Anyways, I went and bought some aquarium sponges so that problem is now fixed and also got some silk plants (their selection of real ones was quite sad, usually I don't like having any fake ones but the only purpose of these is to block his view of Shiloh and it's working so oh wells) so hopefully this little dude won't get himself into any more trouble!

And silly me - Shiloh had a GIANT bubblenest, biggest I've ever seen, and I totally destroyed it putting in the new plants and fixing the baffle before getting a picture :(

Anyways- here is a pic of the new tank setup and a few more of the new (and still nameless) little trouble-maker lol

Last edited by peachesxo; 02-28-2012 at 10:23 PM.
peachesxo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 10:17 PM   #14 
Hopeseeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by peachesxo View Post
Thaaaank you :)

Oh, how cute!! He has freckles on his top fin like my little halfmoon!!!!
Hopeseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 10:21 PM   #15 
styggian

He is pretty :)
styggian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 10:28 PM   #16 
peachesxo

Thanks x) and yeah i love his little freckles and stuff too, he is such a cutie, I think Shiloh (the PetSmart rescue on the other side of the divider) is jealous of him.... lol

I'm worried he might have finrot because of the edges of his fins but it's so hard to tell with his colouring... either way though I'm sure it will turn around now that he is in a big clean filtered tank, but just incase I'll be watching them closely and have AQ salt on hand if it comes to that...

anyone think that is rot, or just his fins?
Old 02-28-2012, 10:54 PM   #17 
peachesxo

okay, looking at other halfmoon pictures that finnage seems normal to me now (first hm lol)
BUT - I may have a bigger problem.
I just went and looked at him, and he has a clean chunk missing out of his back tail fin now!! there is absolutely nothing in the tank that could have done this, the only questionable thing was the baffle I was using and it's been replaced with a sponge!! he was fine 15 minutes ago and the other baffle has been gone a lot longer than that, ohmahhgawddd, i think i have a tail biter :( NOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Old 02-29-2012, 03:37 AM   #18 
Hallyx
Reference Team

My my, a black dragon under blue. Wild spots, too. What a looker. Lucky you.

Can't imagine him tailbiting so soon, and with such a nice tank. Stupid fish...sheesh.
Hallyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 02:15 PM   #19 
Aitas

Ohh, he is indeed a troublemaker!
I have a blue girl called Trouble because she very well earns that name, and i think so does your pretty hm!
He's so cute, but what is it with the temperaments? It's like putting me in an aquarium!
Aitas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 04:50 PM   #20 
peachesxo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hallyx View Post
Can't imagine him tailbiting so soon, and with such a nice tank. Stupid fish...sheesh.
My neither, I'm so confused, he doesn't seem bored at all he is always swimming around doing something.

Could it be from over extension from flaring because he is soo tiny and young? Or bamboo roots, could that do it, they look a little prickly I guess but I don't know, I always see him swimming in them and he seems fine, plus my other boy has bamboo with roots too and no rips with him. I wouldn't think roots of a plant would do it but he has such thin fins anyways so I really don't know what it could be... the little cave/rock thing he has does not seem "fin snaggable" to me at all, did the "test" with pantyhose awhile back and it passed... I just don't know..

Going to watch him veryyyy carefully, If i need to redo his tank I will but at this point I don't know what it could be!!

And thanks all for the compliments x)

edit: went ahead and cut out most of the bamboo roots just incase >_<

Last edited by peachesxo; 02-29-2012 at 05:04 PM.