Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-29-2012, 01:12 PM   #11 
AudBetta

Hi iceyrose

That's a good temp to keep the tank at.
So I used jungle ick guard II. I also used aquarium salt. I did at least 50-75% water changes daily and was careful to have the new water be just as warm. It is also important to make sure the PH stays consistant anywhere between 7.0-7.5 is pretty good.
I took out live plants and kept only her little hut in there.
she slowly started to get better, I just kept doing the water changes everyday and reapplying aquarium salt and the jungle ick cure.
(make sure to dissolve salt in some separate tank water first, then add to tank)
I used stress coat too.
It's also good to use a turkey baster to syphon debris and ich from bottom of tank. This works well for those small tanks.
I didn't do 100% water changes because I felt that with an already sick and stressed betta, 100% changes would be just another stressor. Eventually the life cycle of the ich will revolve and you'll get them all with this treatment.
Let me know if you have any other questions, Freda is doing awesome, so i'm really glad my treatment worked, it took a few weeks before she stopped flashing.
Oh, after a couple days of no symptoms I took her out in some tank water and did a 100% water change and swished/flushed the gravel around, then put her tank back together. Chances are you will have to recycle your tank because the ich treatment messes with the good bacteria.
Let me know if you have any other questions. I'm not sure about the cloudy eyes, that maybe a symptom of something else?
Good luck :)
AudBetta is offline   Reply With Quote