Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-29-2012, 11:44 AM   #1 
cutelittlefishies

Unhappy (worried) Help! Strange puffy infection on betta's mouth

I'm not sure how this happened. I think it might have been when i brought my new black molly home the other night. My betta fish (Arthur) thought it was another betta, and to make matters worse it seemed to like him and kept following him around when (as we know) He likes his SPACE.

Unfortunately, me being clumsy and tired, i let them in the community tank together the whole night. :(

Worst mistake ever! I woke up to find the black molly was attacked around one gill, the top of it's body, and a back fin. (i feel terrible) So i took Arthur out so the molly could heal in warm tank water.

Next day this weird little infection pops up on Arthur. I tried feeding him and he's resisting it, I'm supposing because of pain..

How will I cure this and what is it! I love my betta so much. :(

This is a picture:
Attached Images

cutelittlefishies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 02:19 PM   #2 
Pataflafla

Looks to be external, so qt him in a tank that's easy to do 100% daily changes on. Start up with 1 tsp/gal aquarium salt (Dissolve first) and do 100% daily changes for 10 days max.

If no improvement or a decline is shown within 5 days of starting the treatment, bump up the salt to 2 tsp/gal and continue with the 100% daily changes.

The salt water mixture should be constant for this treatment, so after every water change, re-add the salt at the same dose before letting Arthur back into the water.
Pataflafla is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
betta fish, fighting, hurt, infection, sick