Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-29-2012, 03:33 PM   #12111 
fishman12

Aww that's too bad both of you.
fishman12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 08:07 PM   #12112 
Sena Hansler

The petsmart in edmonton, refused to let me take home and treat the girl betta with fin rot. They said THEY treat them. Bull. I bet they don't, they just don't want people bringing back a dead fish. I bet they just flushed her >:(

They refused a sale. And I said I knew what I was doing and I COULD TREAT HER MYSELF. but nooo. I couldn't get the magenta girl. what petsmart does that??!! I don't want to go back to that one.
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 02:13 AM   #12113 
BettaHeart

awww yay baby cats!! lol

Thats terrible sena, i really dislike people like that, too self-absorbed. and the store sounds like it needs to re-evaluate its employees and betta care.
BettaHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 09:01 AM   #12114 
Sena Hansler

Well, the thing is, if they "cared about the fish's health" as she said they did I WOULDN'T HAVE GOTTEN AN ICH INFESTED BETTA!!! There wouldn't have been some feebley swimming ones, boys with fin rot, or a dead one. actually, come to think of it, they wouldn't be selling them in cups >.> My "pineapple?" girl has ich. Takes a good eye to see it, but it's all over her pretty fins. The other girl looks kay with very very minor fin rot.

However I will admit I love their set ups for the other fish. The...connected filter way? Looks good, and keeps them healthier in smaller spaces I guess.
Old 03-01-2012, 10:13 AM   #12115 
Sakura8

I'm going to bop my mother on the head. So my sorority is in the rec room, my only tank that's not in my room or my bathroom. After my girl Zenny jumped out of the hole where the filter goes, I switched them from a 10 gallon to a 15 gallon with a much smaller hole in the hood and my mother hated it. She thought they were "cuter in a smaller tank." >.< Under duress, I switched them back to the 10 gallon this morning and put craft mesh over the hole where Zenny leapt to her death. It took over an hour. And now my mother thinks it looks messy that way and prefers the 15 gallon. ANd the 10 gallon is on the dresser crooked. Mom, if I move the girls one more time, they're gonna die of stress and probably me too.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 12:16 PM   #12116 
Sena Hansler

awww poor Sakura!!!
Old 03-01-2012, 01:22 PM   #12117 
tpocicat

Wink

Yyankeeyankeefan As an ex Ocicat breeder, I know that it takes a cat 63 days before they give birth. Do you know when she got pregnant? That will help you know when they will come.
tpocicat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 01:27 PM   #12118 
Sena Hansler

-rant-
I stand by the fact some people should just not own pets -.- Shaggy needs a vet visit, and a bad nail trim. His eyes could have cataracts but it's more than likely hay pokes... which I hear if it is not takn care of will cause blindness in the guinea and might even have to get them into surgery (risky) to remove their eyes?!??!?!
Old 03-01-2012, 09:51 PM   #12119 
Bombalurina

Le sigh. Why are parents incapable of believing that their children are absolute brats? If your child is bullying, violent, rude, sulky and repeatedly refuses to listen, then he is not a little angel and you CANNOT use puberty as an excuse. Half of the children in the same room are going through puberty. NONE OF THEM DO THAT. I am not picking on this child, as his parents seem to beilieve - I am punishing behaviour that cannot be tolerated in a Kids' Club. One of the parents made a complaint to the establishment last night, so we'll have to see how that goes.

I hate children. :(
Bombalurina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 09:58 PM   #12120 
yyankeeyankeefan

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpocicat View Post
Yyankeeyankeefan As an ex Ocicat breeder, I know that it takes a cat 63 days before they give birth. Do you know when she got pregnant? That will help you know when they will come.
no i don't know when she did. but she is dropping, her nipples are turning pink and she is starting to nest. have been seeing her less and less and he apatite is going down. so..... soon my kittens will be here and i can love them all! i can't wait!
yyankeeyankeefan is offline   Reply With Quote