Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-14-2014, 04:50 PM   #621 
Ptolemy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsalexson4689 View Post
Your tank looks beautiful, if your betta gets stressed out I would suggest more hiding places for him/her to retreat to. If that is the kind of fish you are getting.
Thank you! Yes I am getting a betta :) Thanks for the tip. I was thinking about getting some drift wood but haven't found any in the stores that will fit in my tank.
Ptolemy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2014, 05:27 PM   #622 
jsalexson4689

Not sure where you live but I got mine from a local Petco that was already soaked for a long time and had growths on it for around 5 bucks!! Its much better to buy one that is presoaked and has good growth on it than starting from scratch yourself in a new tank
jsalexson4689 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2014, 05:29 PM   #623 
jsalexson4689

My betta loves the water sprite I added to the tank, that would take up alot of the background for you so you dont have to look at the black plastic background. Great for the betta's to hide in and swim through. Amazon frogbit is a nice addition to the top of the tank as well
jsalexson4689 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 04:12 PM   #624 
Ptolemy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsalexson4689 View Post
My betta loves the water sprite I added to the tank, that would take up alot of the background for you so you dont have to look at the black plastic background. Great for the betta's to hide in and swim through. Amazon frogbit is a nice addition to the top of the tank as well

Cool, I'll look into these plants :)
Ptolemy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 02:48 PM   #625 
karev2828

A fluval spec v is on my short list to upgrade me new betta from a one gallon bowl.

What modifications/upgrades would I need to make? Which specific heater would be best? I may add live plants but i have not made up my mind.
karev2828 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 11:36 AM   #626 
takevin

Just got my Fluval spec 5g the other day. Cycled with live bacteria, water from another tank and also with a filter from the other tank. Mods/upgrades to tank, ordered the aqueon pro 50w heater, hagen fluval nano led box scored for 50 shipped off ebay. Also new tri media basket and protein skimmer. Getting some free plants from a asst mngr at lfs. Scored a nice deal on driftwood yesterday from him too.
takevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 12:40 PM   #627 
TerriGtoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by karev2828 View Post
A fluval spec v is on my short list to upgrade me new betta from a one gallon bowl.

What modifications/upgrades would I need to make? Which specific heater would be best? I may add live plants but i have not made up my mind.
Fluval Spec V tanks are notorious for accumulating biofilm on the surface of the water because of the filter set-up. I would recommend spending the $5 or $6 to get the skimmer. You can find them on Ebay. I purchased one for each of my Fluval Specs and no more biofilm. Of course if the aesthetics of it don't bother you, then I wouldn't spend the money. Personally I hated how it looked.

Last edited by TerriGtoo; 09-19-2014 at 12:40 PM. Reason: typo
TerriGtoo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
betta, fluval, nano, planted, spec