Betta Fish Forum banner

How to keep a 1.5 Gallon tank warm?

1K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  Pitluvs 
#1 ·
Alright, before you rant about me about the size of my betta's tank; he's in a tiny one for a reason.
He became a little ill and I was recommanded to put him in a small tank until he gets better.
But I was also told to keep him warm.
Is there anyway to keep him warm in such a small spot?

#2 ·
I used a Marina c10 for my two bettas. They live in 1.5g aquariums. It has automatic shut off and keeps my tanks at about 77 degrees constantly.

#4 ·
I kinda wanna not recommend those heaters, pitluvs D: I never had good luck with them.

We dont really rant about the 1.5 gallons, so long as theyre kept clean. The only issue I have with them is that for the $30 they cost, you can get a WAY! better tank and or a heater and a tank. I hated my 1.5!

I used a 10w marineland in mine. It stayed 82'F constant. Theyre strong suckers, but if you have a tank under 5 gallons, you can use it there, too. lol

#5 ·
Ya know what? Here you can't. Only thing you can get for $30 or less is those silly Bella bowls (divided 0.5g). The next size tank up is 2.65g for $64 plus taxes. Personally, I love my tanks.

And I have 3 of these heaters, I would personally recommend them. My first one overheated my tank to 96F, and the next three work amazingly. They gotta be good for me to even think about recommending them :) Also, other heaters here are $30+ LOL

#7 ·
Canada doesn't have a million companies competing for sales LOL The 1.5 Tetra is $25. The 2.65g marina is $64.99. The 0.9g Marinas are $49 (the 'pretty' ones) and the 0.5g Marinas are $20. There is a store here that sells Kritter Keepers but that was what another member said, I haven't seen them yet myself. Although its a small mom and pop store that prides itself on not selling animals and selling high quality animal products. The tetra heaters are $12 and the next step is the Elite? Heater for $32. I am NOT joking when I say I spend almost $100 per Betta set up!

To get a 5gal tank here at the local pet store is a good way to go, the sets are $60 for the hood/tank/filter. Heater is extra. Would have cut my costs down, but I don't have room for a bunch of 5gal tanks, since I already have 3 tropical tanks going (and a house full of fur critters!)

All these are +15% tax as well. I payed $20 for 3 silk plants, two if which are too big for my tanks lol It's horrible, everything here is much more expensive. That's why when I find something cheaper that really works, I will suggest it. Not everyone has lots of money, especially me, and if someone can get something and save themselves some money.. bonus!

#8 ·
Oh my goodness :( I guess consumerism helps... in a way. LOL! Thats America for you. I'd skidder over the border and buy your stuff here >:)

I hear you on the money thing... College student.. I need not say more.

The one thing, though... The tetra kits are more expensive here! Hah! At least you beat us in that regard ;) <3

#9 ·
I've had minimal success with the preset heaters. Hydor mini heaters also work.

The thing with preset heaters is you have to make sure that your ambient temperature is such that it will let the heater get your tank up to 80*F (or so) but not so much that it'll over heat your tank.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.