Betta Fish Forum banner

Betta bowl Snales

1K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  dr2b 
#1 ·
I put a new plant in the betta bowl and now I have snales. Seems the betta likes them and seems they are keeping the bowl clean. Any idea if this is ok?

#2 ·
its ok,it wont hurt him, he will just have a snack lol

#3 ·
I would stay away from them. A bowl is far too small for one betta, let alone a betta and a snail. Not to mention the snail will run out of algae quite fast in such a small container and starve to death. You should check this caresheet out: http://www.fishforum.com/betta-fish-care/must-read-general-betta-care-faq-20058/. I have two snails in a 5 gallon tank with my betta and they get on great, not to mention they are great at eating algae off those hard-to-clean places, like plants and decorations!

#4 ·
i dont think she PUT the snail in there,nor mentioned she wanted to keep the snail(s), it hijacked onto the plant, which is why i said hed have a snack. ive seen bettas eat baby snails.

what size is ur bowl?

#9 ·
i try to never use the store bought chemicals and remedies whenever possible, especially in a small tank. if i were you id just clean it off instead of using tabs

#10 ·
i found that Flourish Excel helps with algae if you have plants. I had some algae issues arising recently and started using my Flourish Excel to help the plants grow, and now the algae has stopped showing up. It kills two birds with one stone. However, some plants don't do well with Excel, so you have to research it before using it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.