Betta Fish Forum banner

Torn Fins!

1K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  Pomsizzle 
#1 ·
My really pretty Cello HM torn a fin on his tail fin! how can I fix this, should I take out the plants? and what should I do ? medicine? I know they regrow but would like that to happen,

#6 ·
Regardless of filtration or not- water changes still need to be made on a regular basis-

The behavior you are seeing is most likely related to water quality issues and build up of DOC's and ammonia

What is the water temp? forgot to ask....

In a 2.5gal filtered tank I would recommend twice weekly 50% water changes-1-water only and 1-to include the substrate by vacuuming or stir and dip

I would start by making some 50% daily water changes for 3-4 days, give your filter a rinse/swish in old tank water 1-2 times a month and when the flow slows

To help in healing and re-growth of the fins as well as prevention of secondary infection from the open wounds I would stay on top of the water changes.

Depending on how bad his fins are you may need to QT and do some 100% daily water change along with aquarium salt 1tsp/gal for 10 days....can you post a pic?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.