Betta Fish Forum banner

Horrible Septicemia? Something else? Help!

1K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  Sakura8 
#1 ·
My poor boy Calvin has been holding on for a long time since three of his brothers all died at once of some sort of bacterial infection. He's very sick, and about two weeks ago, he wouldn't move at all - not for food, nothing. His fins began to look the way they do in this picture.

He lives in a 2.5gal tank to himself. Water/pH levels are all perfect, biweekly water changes, 4 pellets of Betta BioGold a day. I first put him on Tetra Lifeguard All-in-One treatment for 5 days, and he started moving around again. He's since been a very active fishie.

However, seeing as this medication did not completely solve the problem (still septicemia, still in bad, bad shape), I put him on T.C. Tetracycline anti-bacterial treatment for 4 days. As you can see, it did nothing. He's never looked as bad as he's looked today.

What should I do? Is it even SAFE to put him on something else right now? Could the antibiotics interact if there's still some in his tank, or in his system? Advice appreciated!​

See less See more
#4 ·
Thank you so much! Finally, a response. It got worrisome there. I will try out the new medication. Do you have a suggested waiting period before trying the new meds after having him on two others so recently?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.