Betta Fish Forum banner

Anxious on first night of having Squishy

1K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  TheCrabbyTabby 
#1 ·
I just want to see if he/she is doing okay. Its her/his first night at my house and I am a little anxious. I peeked into the tank and saw Squishy kind of at the top of the water, not really moving. Squishy is sleeping, I know, but I can't help but feel over anxious that I didn't do something right in getting the fish acclimated to the tank and that he/she is, well, dead. I should add that Squishy is a "baby" betta from Petco.

I sat the cup in the water for a bit to acclimate the temperature, then after that I went and poured a little water from the tank into the cup, and then poured a little of the water from the cup back into the tank. I went like this for a bit and then finally put Squishy in the tank for good.

I guess I am being silly.

#2 ·
I felt like this with my 1st Betta, too. But it must be worst for you! I mean, it's a baby Betta! With still growing up and such. I hope you guys can be happy. You have a real chance to make Squishy trust you since you're growing up with him. :) P.S. Is he named after the Squishy in Finding Nemo?

#5 ·
At least you didn't drop her 3 feet into a sink full of bleach on the first night! Also, I got scared so I didnt acclimate him for even a minute! I thought the first night I had Donald would result in years of therapy... Ha! He's still doing good.:)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.