Betta Fish Forum banner

Finaly my 10g sorority is up

2K views 35 replies 10 participants last post by  bettalover2033 
#1 ·
Might have taken a while but finaly have my girls! 4 very cute and pretty ladies about 4 months old and lucky for me I found an importer so these girls come from Thailand. Not sure what kind they are but I love these beauties.

Shot of the tank with various plants

This is Kaylee

This is Inara

This is Zoe

This is Serenity

See less See more
#3 ·
Wyven,

What a beautiful tank! Your betta girls look tiny and cute. They probably won't bother the guppies until they are bigger and more territorial.

In time you may need to go up to a 20 gallon, as your girls will at least double their current size and count for 8" of fish (min.) all by themselves...

#5 ·
Wow Sereniti is very pretty! Im really wanting the reds! Red bettas are coming back to my liking :)!

Beautiful girls!

Also @Marieukxx: Female bettas have a much higher tolerance than the males, but also every betta is different which means that some females and some males will tolerate other fish and some just dont like the idea of it.

Home that answered your question!=)

-BL2033

#6 ·
Well at this point there is peace in the tank. And thanks guys the girls are stunning I agree - Kaylee is my favourite one :p

The Serenity and Zoe's colours are VERY rare here in South Africa. So the importer I got them from wants me to document their growth and colour. Plus it looks like Kaylee might just be green!

If the guppies and the girls decide they dont want to get along I have someone who wants my guppies desperately to breed with! Since I just have 8 males in the tank and they really ignore the girls and the girls ignore them.

#12 ·
True forest green is... it looks like Kaylee is a forest green from the pics though :)

#14 ·
Hey, the dominant one or Queen if you will is definitly Inara. But she has only started her nonsense today for some reason. I went home at lunch to check on them and noticed that there are a few very minor torn fins on the girls and a couple of guppies as well! But the others are not hiding so much, as almost ignoring her now. I watched them for about 30mins and she chased one guppie who swam faster than she did and she tried to bully one of the smaller girls who almost gave her a look over he shoulder as if to say wth! Serenity then darted away and snuck up behind Inara to give her a fright which back fired since at the same moment Inara turned around.

Kaylee and Zoe both have a couple of scales missing just behind their heads. If Inara doesnt want to calm down by this evening she will get a time out in the breeding net. And tomorrow I will be rearranging some of the plants a little since Im getting some more water sprite for my tank for free.

#15 ·
A 100000000000000000000 internets to you! First one to see the reference! Its my all time fav show. I rewatch my box set at least every 3 -4 months :p
i never watched it when it was on TV, but I got the boxset after I was dragged to see the movie when it was in theaters. I really liked it. :-D

i want a soriety, but one girl is 3X the size of the other 3. Im afraid she would eat them all :shock:

#16 ·
Well two of mine are bigger as in 2x bigger than the other two. And only Inara (who is one of the bigger girls) is turning into a bully! Kaylee who is the other one Ive noticed tries to protect the others in the tank.

As for the show, its just one of MANY that never got aired here in South Africa (at least we are catching up with regards to some shows). My ex bf took me to see Serenity on the big screen and I was hooked!

#17 ·
hey congrats! Awesome you got the girls to live with those guppies/mollies :p Idk the name of em off the top of my head. That makes the tank prettier than ever! I just set up more sorority too :)

#18 ·
Well I decided to give Inara a timeout in the breeding net for the night. Even in the net she is still a bit aggressive. At least the rest is calm and peaceful now. If Inara doesnt calm down soon I will have to make a plan either swop her or get rid of the guppies and add another girl.

#20 ·
Ok update time. Almost a month later and unfortunately Inara and Kaylee had to be removed due to their hostility. They got replaced by 3 new girls, nameless for now, 1 cambodian plakat female, one pearly white girl and one white girl with a yellow shimmer. I failed at getting pics of 3 of the new girls tho - they are extremely camera shy.

The damage on the guppies fins are due to Inara and Kaylee. Its slowly growing back now that they have been removed.

Full tank shot

new girl

Serenity

My fav guppie image

#27 ·
IMO/E, i think somethings can't be taught or researched. Sometimes you just have to learn the hard way. When i say that some things cant be taught, i mean that every betta is different and has their own personalities and tolerance with fish.

-BL2033

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.