Betta Fish Forum banner

Tail Type Help?

1K views 14 replies 6 participants last post by  Pitluvs 
#1 ·
I noticed my new girl, Yuuna, has a tail like none of the others. I am thinking she's just a plain VT, but my other VT's have slight rounded edges on their tails. Yuuna's tail it straight as a pin. I made this cruddy diagram to show you what I see with my girls. What tail type is Yuuna?

Attachments

See less See more
#7 ·
My VT girls have rounded edges.. completely rounded :)

kind of young to tall at this point. i say pk for the bottom one
The bottom one is her VT she is comparing the top one to, the top being the questionable one. :)

Could be a mix of a delta, HM or VT.. for some reason I am thinking delta or halfmoon- it does have a bit of roundness to it (that I can see).. but not completely rounded like a VT's..

Oh, and BTW.. I so want her. Love the eyes!

#11 ·
I believe she meant the tail shape itself, as that is what the pictures she had drawn shows... either way, doesn't look like a VT.. but could be a mix. I have a mix of ST and VT- his tail is odd, not quite either one lol

#12 ·
I think I'll just call her a Mutt, or a UBB (Unidentified Breed Betta) haha

I didn't notice until she was home, but her tail looks much different. Neato, hope some of the breeders might shed some light on it. As far as I know we only have VT females, but there has been new boys at the store of different tail type and these girls are all new (about 30 like the ones above). Interesting!

#13 ·
Your so called "mutt" might give you clean pointed edge HM if you breed her right.

VT ALWAYS have rounded ends - often looks oval (tail). They NEVER have pointed edges like your girl.

I'd say she is a result of HM/dT breeding (long finned). Because her spread doesn't open 180*, thus she goes into the dT group....

Btw, unless your second female is very young, she doesn't look like a VT to me. She looks more like a PK .... I could be wrong.

#14 ·
^ I ditto with Indjo. The first girl looks...HM x single-tail mix, second girl looks like a PK. :D

#15 ·
The second girl is quite young, a few months if she's lucky. Here's a better picture of her:

Sadly I have no new photos of the one in question, she's fast and clear and won't stay still for pictures in the sorority. Our store doesn't have any dT but they have VT, DoT and CT. Interesting!

The first girl was in a tank with about 40 other females, all the others look the same except this girl. So maybe someone jumped the fence before shipment?

The second one (cambo) looks like all the other girls in the tank. I'll have to keep and eye on her and update this thread when she's much older and done growing.

Thanks guys!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.