Betta Fish Forum banner

Meet Teal! halfmoon Baby Boy :)

976 views 12 replies 5 participants last post by  Skyrocket Moon 
#1 ·
My hearts still broken after shark died but...
teal my new baby boy just filled it, i always wanted a halfmoon and our local petsmart in recent years after shark started stocking all kinds from dragons to twins.. it was such a hard choice seeing all the beauties and to only be able to pick one :/ it was ruff. :shock: They really took good care of them here.
this baby after 1 hr and 30min search through the 1,000 betas they had...srsly it felt like that many. His little barly over thumbnail size body caught my eye and before i knew it the streak of blue and white flashed and I was in love. So meet my baby boy Teal! :oops: as he gets adjusted to the ten gallon tank and mates! <3

See less See more
#7 ·
He looks identical to Paris when I gut him. A beautiful baby butterfly :)

#8 ·
Paris is a very pretty fishy! I can't wait to see how Teal grows right now hes got these cute little black spots on his fins that I'm hoping will become more visible as he grows more and the white I'm hoping will pop out more too<3
Can't keep my eyes off of him hes so cute o.o

#12 ·
^^ He is doing really well in his new home. He stays near the back of the tank where I have set up a white wall. He plays with his shadow against it.
The other fishes have been curious about him but so far no attempted nips! Very glad they are getting along. Expecaly with a angel fish they think beta fins are worms to eat like sharks were. However Teal is a halfmoon full round white instead of red. I think the color and connectedness is helping him out.
He spent all day and night in the tank no nips or rips from the plants despite his fun near all the back plastic plants. Little Teal has defenutly become my new baby cakes. My tank is next to my computer monitor in my room so fishes know me quite well. My nets slow so I often watch them while waiting for loads/play with them a bit,one vocal word and their heads press up against the glass looking for food lol. They get to much of my time. lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.