Betta Fish Forum banner

Just Wanted to Let Everyone Know...

1K views 13 replies 8 participants last post by  DarkMoon17 
#1 ·
... That I finally had a successful spawn in which the father DID NOT eat the eggs!!!

Once I get a camera, I will definitely be updating my blog and posting pictures of the fry (maybe once they start being more than tiny black dots :) )

Thank you for all the wonderful help posters on this site!!!

#5 ·
Thanks! The fry are just kinda slowly moving around (although I'm sure they think they are pretty fast, just seems slow because it's such a big tub haha)
I gave them some BBS for the first time today. It may have been a bit early for it but I fed them it anyway just in case.

#10 ·
Update!

It's been a little over 3 weeks and the babies look like bettas! There are some dark ones and light ones, and only one little one! I have about 30 fry and they are all looking good, even the tiny one.

Anybody have suggestions about the tiny? Is there any things special I should do for him? He's doing fine with the rest but I was just wondering.

Pictures soon!

#14 ·
He should be fine with the others... Once you start jarring some of the larger fry (and therefore removing their growth repressing hormones) you should see the smaller fry growing better.

THe black things are pretty harmless, the fry might even eat them. I can't remember what they are called but they aren't something to worry too much about.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.