Betta Fish Forum banner

Has anyone ever wanted to...

818 views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  Smr2892 
#1 ·
Whip a tank heater at a wall as hard as you possibly could?! Because right now I do. It's been at a perfect 82° since I put it in, on occasion it'll drop to 80°. I woke up this morning to find it at 89°! In my fry tank! Thank goodness they're all okay.. I'm about to murder this heater though. :evil:

#2 ·
Whip a tank heater at a wall as hard as you possibly could?! Because right now I do. It's been at a perfect 82° since I put it in, on occasion it'll drop to 80°. I woke up this morning to find it at 89°! In my fry tank! Thank goodness they're all okay.. I'm about to murder this heater though. :evil:
Whoa, that is quite a big fluctuation...What type of heater are you using?

#3 ·
It's a tetra 100 watt hang on adjustable heater.

#4 ·
Did the temp of your house or the area change? If its heated up because of the summer or what-have-you, the temp may have gone up?

I'm not sure.

But I have definitely wanted to throw not just heaters, but filters as well, at walls!

#5 ·
Lol no I make sure to keep the temp in my room within a 5 degree range so that all the bettas are alright. I only have two filters and so far they're doing good. So far being the key words, lol. I'm bringing that heater back to the store and raising heck if they give me the "it's been more than seven days" speech. Their heater almost killed my babies.. Theyre getting a mouthload tomorrow.

#6 ·
Definitely try and bring it back! If you got it at Walmart they will most likely let you return it..I seen people return obviously used lipsticks and Walmart just sticks it back on the shelf usually ...:sick:
I almost got the same heater the other day...I am glad I didn't now..I was wondering if it was any good...

I like these heaters..
http://www.petco.com/product/102603...-Heaters.aspx?CoreCat=MM_FishSupplies_Heaters
I have the 50watt in my 5 gallon and it has never overheated.

#7 ·
Eww! Luckily I don't wear lipstick.. But no, it's from a lfs. They're pretty good people (the owners) I'm more or less worried about some of the younger people they've got working there, I'm not sure they've developed a love for fish. No offenae to the younger people here, I know everyone on here would be a fantastic employee at my lfs! :)

#9 ·
I'll check out the heaters the two of you recommended =]
Right now I had a spare on hand so it's all good. My fiance actually took the other heater and is using it to heat his spare water for his salt water aquarium, so no raising heck I guess, lol.

#10 ·
Just last night, I put my new King Betta in the tank and thought thats wierd the water feels warm. I had a total brain cramp and thought the thermometer read 80 degrees when it actually read 90. I thought I was going to kill my fish and swearing up a storm at the heater. Now the water reads 78 and I'm happy.

#11 ·
Isn't that just horrible?! I did that one time.. Now I double check the thermometer every time a look at it!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.