Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-26-2015, 05:41 AM   #701 
Polkadot

Did a water change day for my beautiful Giant boy Boss.During wc's lately he has started chasing my finger across the tank & had a nibble at my finger last week when I put his new IAL in for him.Today when I was adjusting his filter I saw him swim over and he nibbled my finger again (feels like a soft tickly little suction cup),so I ran it across the top of the water and he chased it,lol.It is our new game on wc day.He is so cute!
Polkadot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2015, 08:01 AM   #702 
cousiniguana

Big changes around here. The office betta died of extreme old age and I had offered one of my guys as his replacement. "Fish" went off to his new home on Wednesday and is settling in. This led to a fish reshuffling at home. After a big water change and cleaning I got ready to fish shuffle. Jean-Luc Fishard got moved into Fish's 5 gallon jungle tank and El Dorado got moved into my 5 gallon Marimo moss ball tank. I loved the look of the 2 gallon, but it was a little small and the location made it inconvenient for maintenance. Once blind Squirt in the 1 gallon passes on (he's got a very fast growing tumor), my tank maintenance will be drastically reduced.
cousiniguana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2015, 02:54 PM   #703 
Sadist

Did a water change on Mrs. Fish's tank, fed everyone, examined everyone. I haven't seen the remaining ghost shrimp for several days, but I also have to blanket the sides of the tank all day to hold in heat. I don't smell any bad smells, so I'm assuming they're just hiding really well when I look in!
Sadist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2015, 05:25 AM   #704 
Polkadot

Bought a fantastic new boy today YAY! He is a black/white/yellow Giant Plakat I have named Shiloh! He is very lovely & placid,he has been exploring his new tank all day,has said hello to everyone,eaten his NLS pellets & has settled in straight away.He is really beautiful and BIG!
Attached Images

Old 02-28-2015, 10:23 AM   #705 
Sadist

He's gorgeous!

Today, I've played with and fed everyone. I still can't find my remaining 2 shrimp. The crypto plants are doing very well with my makeshift lighting, and I have blankets wrapped around the sides of the tanks to keep in the heat. Mr. Fish looks like he's getting some fin regrowth, and I don't see any new damage. I'm thinking he could see his reflection on one of the walls; I'll see about putting some paper against that wall when we don't need blankets all over the tanks. Mrs. Fish still has breeding stripes and a fat belly.
Sadist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2015, 11:38 AM   #706 
violettec

I finished the weekly water change + vacuumed the gravel. Marimo balls got cleaned and the filter media swished around a bit. Boy, fish poop a lot.
violettec is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 06:04 AM   #707 
Polkadot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sadist View Post
He's gorgeous!

Thanks!