Betta Fish Forum banner

Eating!!

868 views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  xxabc 
#1 ·
Ed is finally eating! I'm so excited. After four weeks he has finally decided that he's hungry enough to eat the food. However, this is raising a few other questions for me...
First, I noticed he flares sometimes when he's attacking the flakes that I put in. Is this normal? It looks really cool when he does it, but I'm hoping he's not just angry at me for giving him something he doesn't like haha
Also, today I put a pinch in, and he ate it all right away. So I put a little bit more in, and he ate all of that, and it looked like he was still searching for more. Is there such a thing as over-feeding him? Should I just give him that one pinch and then that's it?

Thanks =)

#3 ·
4 weeks? Wow what a trooper. I guess that made the person wrong that told me a betta can last for about 2 weeks w/o food. I had a stubborn betta that would go days without eating. So I added blood worms into his diet and started eating more often :)

#4 ·
4 weeks! That's amazing. And yup, their stomach is about the size of their eye and I know my bettas could eat the whloe container in one go, haha. Good to hear :)

#8 ·
I had a betta who flared at brine shrimp the first few times I gave it to him, but he stopped after he realized it was food. :p

#9 ·
My CT (Crowntail) won't eat his food alot .... I don't think he has been eating , but , I have these little stick things as his food . His tank is cylinder shaped and all his food floats . And is it normal for him 2 be staying in one spot for like a longer period of time ?????????
From,
Anonymus and Bubbles Big Mac - Fish

#11 ·
Stick-things? Can you be much much much more specific? The name brand would work. He shouldn't be in one spot constantly. How big is it? How many times have you been doing water changes? And how new is he // when did you get him ?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.