Betta Fish Forum banner

Is Omega One Betta Buffet Bites a good food?

3K views 14 replies 8 participants last post by  NewFishyOwner 
#1 ·
Is that brand a good food? How many should I feed my betta per day?

#2 ·
I have not looked at the ingredients of that. But good betta foods are ones high in protein. If you look at the ingredients and fish meal is first, it's a better food. If something like wheat or corn is first, it's not good. Bettas are carnivores, so anything with protiens as the main ingredients are good. I feed my fish 2 pellets twice a day. That all depends on the size of the pellets though. If they're super small, you can feed 3. If too big, then only 1, or you can crush them.

#3 ·
I use a couple different pellet brands for a little added variety, and one that I use is Omega One. The pellets tend to stick together, but they pop right apart if you wiggle a finger nail between them. Ingredient-wise they seem to be a good quality pellet(Crude protein 42%, first ingredient is Whole Salmon)which is why I picked them up....and as for my fish...well, they gobble them up just like any other pellet I guess xD Little piggies....
I usually feed my boys two of these pellets, occasionally three. They tend to vary in size a tad more then most other pellets I've seen, so I judge by what sizes I pull out at feeding time.

#5 ·
After looking at the list, I'd feed them. I feed Omega One Tropical Flakes to my tropical fish and love them.

Guaranteed Analysis
Min. Crude Protein….43%
Min. Crude Fat………12%
Max. Crude Fiber…….2%
Max. Moisture………. 8.5%
Max. Ash……………..8%
Min. Phosphorus……(. 5%)
Min. Omega 3 ………. 2%
Min. Omega 6………...1%

INGREDIENTS: Whole Salmon, Black Cod, Seafood Mix (Including Krill, Rockfish, & Shrimp), Wheat Flour, Wheat Gluten, Fresh Kelp, Lecithin, Astaxanthin, L-Ascorbyl-2-Phosphate (Source of Vitamin C), Natural and Artificial Colors, Vitamin A Acetate, Vitamin D3 Supplement,Vitamin E Supplement, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Riboflavin, Niacin, Pantothenic Acid, Folic Acid, Biotin, Inositol, Tocopherol (Preservative), Ethoxyquin (Preservative).

#6 ·
The pellets have a slightly different break down
Min. Crude Protein….42%
Min. Crude Fat…..……5%
Max. Crude Fiber……...2%
Max. Moisture ………. 8.5%
Max. Ash……....………..8%
Min. Phosphorus……(. 5%)

Ingredients: Whole Salmon, Halibut, Shrimp, Wheat Flour, ...

#7 ·
I was wondering if it's a good brand. I bought the Omega One Dried-Freezed Bloodworms. Is frozen like real frozen better or Dried Freezed?

#9 ·
I meant to buy the pellets yesterday, but I got flakes by accident! How many of those should I feed every day?

#12 ·
My betta died on Thursday. He had SBD and was pretty stressed from the move. :(

#15 ·
Wow thanks well I think she like the Frozend Dried but if I ever can I might get the Frozen BloodWorms.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.