Betta Fish Forum banner

Spawn Log - Zodiac x Drucilla - Black Marble Halfmoons

2K views 14 replies 9 participants last post by  1fish2fish 
#1 ·
I finally got around to setting up the spawn today! He's swimming all around the vase and going crazy! Hasn't started a nest yet, I've found they really tend to start building them at night! She is super eggy! No breeding bars yet. I'm so excited about this spawn!!

The Tank

Some Pics of them

See less See more
#5 ·
She's not a melano she would be considered a black lace or a marble black

From Bettysplendens.com

The 'Black Lace' betta is a dark colored fish that rarely approaches the depth and intensity of the melano black. The females of Black Lace are, however, fertile.

Most recently, crosses of Black Lace to Melano black have produced what has been called 'Double Black' - a more intense black with fertile females.

Marble black can produce a very ideal type of black, but it works in unpredictable ways. Spawns of marble type black often yield individuals that are less than ideal, from having too much iridescence to being completely marbled in appearance. Working with the marble factor is also risky in that it in no way guarantees that your black betta will stay black as it matures.

#10 ·
Thanks everyone!! I got them from Ttbetta on aquabid! He's wonderful to deal with and the fish come exactly how they look online!

He has a small bubblenest, and is working on it! I released her so now we wait!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.