Betta Fish Forum banner

My buddy "Champ"

1K views 16 replies 10 participants last post by  PRITHVI 
#1 · (Edited)
Hello Everyone,
Have been visiting this forum on and off and also had the pleasure of viewing some of the great betta fishes displayed by you guys..Could'nt resist but to share some of the photographs of my buddy "Champ" with you wonderful betta lovers..Champ loves eating prawns but mosquito larvae is his favourite among all, if i try feeding him with anything else he just spits it out hehe..Cute..Half of his tail was missing when i got him, but its slowly growing back..:-D

#6 ·
I've never seen a betta like that colour/pattern wise, he's beautiful. :-D

#11 ·
Thanks guys..

Wow guys, thankyou all for the wonderful response, appreciate it really.

Jupiter: Thankyou, like i said earlier, even i was quite surprised by his colour and pattern, i am glad you find him beautiful..i do too..:-D

Welcome to the forum. I can't get over his color, it's so beautiful. So lucky to receive such a beautiful guy as a gift!!

InsideTheBurg: Thankyou for the welcome, you all are such wonderful people, took me a while to get over his colour myself hehe, i was really lucky to recieve him as a gift, he is a beautiful guy indeed but the best part is that look he gives me when i try to feed him with anything else other than his normal diet, its kind of like a stare..priceless..will try and post a shot of that if possible..:lol:

Gorgeous guy! It makes me want to get another so bad, but 7 is enough for me xD I'll just have to live with my jealousy.

CodeRed: Thanks a ton..cool, you have 7 already :shock:, now that makes me jealous, lol..:-D

lol! I'd like to get one more but don't really have room anymore. I was given a $10 gift certificate to Petsmart for my birthday and I really don't know what to buy with it.

Dramaqueen: Hi again, i see you have 8 already..you all are like the super betta guardians i suppose ehehe..buy what makes you happy..;-)

very interesting color!

AngelicScars: Thankyou so much, i am glad you find his colour interesting..it was not so prominent in the beginning but it seems to have enhanced from since i first got him..:)

#14 ·
OOOH! he's so pretty! i didn't know you could feed them mosquito larvae, where do you get the ones that you feed him?

#16 ·
OOOH! he's so pretty! i didn't know you could feed them mosquito larvae, where do you get the ones that you feed him?
sunkissedinCA: Thanks, glad you find him pretty, as for your question, you can feed mosquito larvae to your betta, its one among the natural diet of the betta fish in the wild and supposed to be high in protein, its also good to maintain a balanced diet alongside, so feed him with freeze dried food too, keeps him healthy and active..I have a small tub setup at the back of my house which is filled with sand, water and plants, any adult female mosquitoes passing by lay their eggs in this water and the rest is history..but you'll have to keep track of this tub from time to time or else you will have a bigger problem in your hands dealing with the mosquitoes in your house..:)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.