Betta Fish Forum banner

Should I?

952 views 13 replies 4 participants last post by  copperarabian 
#1 ·
I wrote up a Fin Rot guide on my personal site, but Im not sure if I want to put it here.

I wrote the mini-plant guide as well as the Sticky for care, and this one is in much the same style.

The trouble is, it'll take a while to re-format to this site and add back in the links as well as divide it between many separate posts >_<

What do you think? Is it worth posting? :(

Im really wrestling with this, because Im also writing a guide (which will, 100%) be also posted here like the other guides for reference on how to do a fish-in cycle. I know people have lots of trouble with it, like fin rot, but Idk how in-demand the rot one will be, considering lots of our "OMG HELPZ FIN ROT" posts are from members that dont stick around or seem to care/are willing to do the work. :c

What should I do, should I take the time to post?

Its here, if you wanna see it... Let me know!!! DX I like to post here because I love this site but so much work T-T

See less See more
#2 ·
Hiiii, could you please not post the fin rot but uh, do one for internal parasites? PRETTY PWEEEASE?!? <3

I keep thinking Julep has them, but it is hard to get attention on that section unless it is very urgent, which it isn't, and Google searches aren't helping. For the life of me I cannot figure out what Betta poop should look like! And I mean, can ya blame me? Not to many people post about poop.. heh...

Okthanksbaii.

Anyways, I think that Fin Rot post is REALLY AWESOME, but anyone who is on here frequently (like us) already know the basics of it... We get what to look for, know to QT, give lots of clean water, etc. You're right, it is the members who join just to ask or the members who are never around and are freaking out because the have no clue what it is... Therefore I think a fin rot post would be near useless for the amount of work you'd have to put in.

But, I do think an internal parasite one would be... hehehe.... >.> <.<

....justsayin'...

#3 ·
It's up to you. I used to post stuff like that all the time but they always seemed to get lost so I stopped writing up guides unless specifically asked like my breeding posts. I still have my fish-in cycling guide bookmarked and post the link if I find a thread that I think it'll be useful in.

At one point a bunch of us were writing articles to be made into stickies but nothing ever happened with it. I think it would be an awesome idea to start that back up again and ask members who have shown proficiency in some areas to help. It'd be even better if there could be an articles forum so those who are writing articles can get feedback from each other. It'd be easy to make it private and only get access to it by being given the password by a staff member. I think that way actual work could be done without all the unneccessary "oh yeah that's good! <3 :)" posts.

#4 ·
I hear you! I usually post them for personal reference, and them give them to people looking for the info so I dont have to say it a million times x__x (like the plant one, especially), because omg thats so annoying.

And Laughing, to be honest, I dont know a lot about parasites! Especially internal ones :c Medicated fish foods usually help, so long as they eat, I know jungle funugs eliminator is good for external, but internal maybe?

Normal poop is usually like a cinnamon bun, theyre smaller than a grain of rice, and like the color of a terra cotta pot, maybs a bit darker. Stringy, white poops arent good.

#5 ·
Oh, and too, a get a lot of flack (by one member especially /_\) for outsourcing my links, like the above, so I dont like handing that specific one out, since it leads to my personal site, which is why I was considering it >_<

So far, the admins havent had issue, but I dont want to push it or anything...

Even though my site's like a shrine to bettafish.com, everything hyperlinked, Ive probably gotten a few members to come X3 kekeke.

#6 ·
Whaaaaaaaa. His poop is white D; raawr!

And I really the admin should be more active in reviewing posts to sticky. Because under health it would be nice to have stickies on fin rot, dropsy, SBD, internal parasites, ich, other external parasites, etc. Just do some quick profiles and maybe some basic treatments. Like espom vs AQ salts... it would really leave that section open for serious emergencies. Those questions get asked 20 times a day...

Also, under the 'show off your tanks section, itd be superr peachy if all the writing posts were removed and strictly have a post JUST for tanks so anyone knew can browse through the pics quickly and effectively... as well I wish your plant guide would get stickied! That was super helpful to me. I really want to jack a plant guide from another forum, though, it had every single aquatic plant.... like 19 pages worth of posts o_O Also, we need to have a 'what is safe' for bettas posts cuz all the time people ask if plants are safe, if marbles are safe, is lotion safe, etc.

It is kind of obnoxious to answer the same exact posts repeatedly... -.- I mean, before I post, I browse Google and use the search bar on here and it usually gives me all my info...

#7 ·
Ok I am on my phone so uhhh don't think I have literate problems... heh... thanks C: my phone enjoys making words and apostrophes into weird things that I never wrote... >.> <.<

#9 ·
Is it? Try medicated foods...no better way to get bad things inside a fish out then by getting into the fish!

Jungle has a parasite clear...Never used it, but Ive had good experiences with Jungle as a brand as well as with their medicines (and so have others), so its worth a shot. Theyre everywhere, legit. Walmarts included, usually less than $7. Id say start with that? D:
Br0000 I have no idea.
I can zap ich, KO velvet, blitz fin rot, one strain of columnaris, popeye...but not internal parasites T^T Ill get there, though. Research is power.

#10 ·
Ehh... I have my gallon QT bowl but that is housing my val with all the suggestions you've given me. ^^ I guess I will swap the val into a vase or browse Goodwill... I don't wanna uproot my val AGAIN or it will never root ;(

I will try QTing him... I will message OFL I know she really gets the uses of salts and see if I should try espom or AQ. And I will look for medicated fish food! Will have to research that... Ok, should I keep water warm, or cool?? I know bacteria you should keep it cool, and ich warm to speed up their life cycle, but are internal parasites the same way? :S

Gahhhh, mah fish like playing with me!

#12 ·
I know using a certain salt can help boost immune system response and help de-stress the fish during treatment to make treatment faster. I am sure it does nothing to the actual parasites, but helps the fish 'fight'?

Ok, I will ask. Thing is, he is acting wonderful, staying active, building large bubblenests, eating (and not losing weight) so I have no clue if it is for sure. That is why I don't want to douse him in meds if he really is fine. ;/

It'd be nice to QT him just to monitor his feces, though, since I never really see him poop...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.