Betta Fish Forum banner

Need of Breeder/seller Help in my Area.

850 views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  WolfHhowling 
#1 ·
Hello, I am wolf, I don't have any betta's. I had a few back in the day. I loved them dearly and had them for long long periods of time.

*clears throat* Any way.

I seem to have very good/ rotten luck, I guess it all stands on how you look at it.

I seem to get fish that like each other a lot. My Cherry barbs mated sadly though I was not able to collect the eggs before my other fish eat them. Its ok I am good to go next go around.

My female platy has had a batch of fry. I have been feeding them a mixture that I have made myself. They are two days old, and all ready active, and bigger then what they were. ( so I am thinking the diet I am feeding them is supper good, will tell you more on that if you want to know what I am feeding them.)

Any way, I only plan on keeping on of the fry. I know I half to wait till there "selling size".

What I would like to know, is, ware can I sell them, ( as in pet store)
Ware could I sell them online ware I can have it set up as pick up only and ware I would get them sold quickly?

Because My platy's were caught in the act to day, so I am expecting even more fry, and in the future would like to sell the cherry barb fry if I would be lucky enough to save them. Then I would also like to sell any other fry that might come from my horribly good yet rotten luck.

Any way I will answer all questions inc. Please respond quickly. I am expecting another batch soon. :)

ps: I am also looking into this for some plants as well. My water sprite and Hornwort like my tank way to much.

See less See more
#2 ·
Any one or am I asking one of those stupid questions no one seems to bother to reply too?

Or is it the way I posted my question?

#3 ·
Hello and welcome to the forum :wave:

It's not a stupid question at all. I'd suggest that you check out your local fish stores to see if they'd be willing to take some off your hands for either cash or store credit. Or you can try Craigslist and local fish clubs.

#4 ·
Thanks. I was looking into Aquabid, is that a route that I might be interested in?

Also most of my local pet stores don't take fish. Because there large chain, or just odd.

I was actually accused of bad fish practises when I brought in a female Rose Barb that had killed my Tiger barbs and was harassing my Gourami.

Needless to say, the fish sold quickly for them, all considering I had gotten her from walmart and nursed her to her golden glory shine. But I haven't talked to them since, and they really only took the fish because I begged. I didn't want any of my other fish to wind up dead.

#5 ·
The tropicalfishkeeping.com side of the website might be abke.to point you in more directions. your login for here works there too :) they'll have breeding tips and more.

Romad's advice is great. maybe there are more stores in your area you haven't found yet?
Posted via Mobile Device

#6 ·
I am checking out one other place, they are a half an hour away. :)

Thanks for the advice I will give it a look. But I guess no one here has any experience with Aquadid?

I really hadn't planned on any of them breeding, it all really happened by accident lol.

I am so glad that I got some good advice on here. I just love the community so far.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.