Betta Fish Forum banner

Does your fish sleep?

2K views 27 replies 19 participants last post by  Bustyrucket 
#1 ·
Just looked over and noticed that he was kind of chilling in some plants tucked away happily blub blub blubbing (lights are pretty much off)

#10 ·
Oh gosh, I know that look, especially true since I uncover them at the crack of noon. "Are you going to feed me?" *half-hearted food dance* "No? THEN WHY DID YOU WAKE ME UP SO EARLY??!" *flounce*

#6 ·
yeah hes upp at the top of the tank now and he seems to have found a spot in the back of the tank that he likes down between the lift tube for the filter and the heater. I need to get an adjustment valve to turn down the flow a bit on the airpump Im pretty sure its too strong and is p@ssing him offlollollolOnce I know that this tank is good to go I'm ging to try and find somewhere to fit this tank and put the ten where this one is...Ive got the bug now

#11 ·
Speaking of resting, I have this 'betta leaf' I bought from the petstore when I first got riddle. I wasn't sure if anyone else had this? Its simply a smooth rubber like material shaped in a leaf with a suction cup on the end. You attatch it to the glass near the top of the tank and hopefully they'll like laying on it? I placed it in for the first few weeks and saw no results. Then again, it told me to feed him 'over' the leaf so to show him it was there...

#14 ·
I have a fish that will sleep under indian almond leaves that have fallen to the bottom of the tank, I freak out when I turn on the light's. Im like where is he, and then he come's out from under the leaf.
Then this other betta will sleep on a java fern leaf. I will walk in and he is just laying on the leaf. They sleep alright....

#24 ·
my jasper used to sleep everynight in his coral rock, in the cave or curled up in the shell
Charlie still sleeps behind the filter
and jet didn't sleep for a few weeks but now he floats motionlesly

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.