Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-05-2014, 09:07 PM   #2751 
Ketpatt

Petco baby betta

That's impressive growth..

I got a baby 10 days back and s/he hast grown much yet. It did not have any stripes and I think was a little older than most baby Bettas pictured on this forum. He or she eats like a pig but has no color except dark body. At this time it's a wait and watch game.

It would be great if any of you experts out there can comment on sex/color/tail type?
Attached Images

Ketpatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 09:13 PM   #2752 
Ketpatt

I forgot to mention.. The baby is in a 10 gallon by itself and eats frozen brine shrimp, blood worms and some regular flake food.

Today when I showed him/her a mirror that little thing flared up so well.. I was so excited.. It was like my baby is growing into an adult.. But I'm still wondering about the color or future color that he or she will be.. Has any of you seen babies that look like this? If yes how did they color up when they grew older?

This is a great thread.. The betta bug bit me recently and I went through each of these pages but havet found a baby that looked like mine..
Old 08-06-2014, 08:07 AM   #2753 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Looking good Ketpatt! It's a boy, a VT and is a Chocolate Betta (brown/blue body with yellow fins, it's a type of bicolor)
lilnaugrim is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 09:18 AM   #2754 
Ketpatt

Thanks for replying.

When I got this baby I was ready to accept any color/sex/fin type I would end up with. But in my head I was thinking it will have some 'color' and be bright and colorful to look at. Never ever I thought I will have a brown betta. I accept the way he is now.

At this time its for sure he is going to be one spoilt and pampered boy considering I have only one pet.. this baby betta.. I hope he grows into a handsome adult. Hoping for some blue to show up.

Will update a pic on this forum in a few months..
Old 08-06-2014, 09:32 AM   #2755 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketpatt View Post
Thanks for replying.

When I got this baby I was ready to accept any color/sex/fin type I would end up with. But in my head I was thinking it will have some 'color' and be bright and colorful to look at. Never ever I thought I will have a brown betta. I accept the way he is now.

At this time its for sure he is going to be one spoilt and pampered boy considering I have only one pet.. this baby betta.. I hope he grows into a handsome adult. Hoping for some blue to show up.

Will update a pic on this forum in a few months..
Np.

If you shine a flash light on him, he probably already has some blue on him but it will strengthen with time. Just make sure you feed at least twice a day and do those daily/every other day water changes and he should grow up just fine ^_^
Old 08-20-2014, 10:49 AM   #2756 
anitsirk92

Name:  20140816_075557.jpg
Views: 89
Size:  48.2 KB

Name:  20140815_130201.jpg
Views: 89
Size:  45.0 KB

These are my babies that I got at Petco about a week ago. It was a little difficult to get a good picture of them because they were swimming around so much. They all looked so abused in their tiny little cups and these two still seemed happy and active so I had to save them from their evil little cups. They seem much happier now in their larger tanks and they seem to be doing quite well. The whitish pink one's name is Dani and the brown and red one is Charlie. Even after just a week Charlie's colors have brightened and it seems like his body may turn blue. I'm thinking that Charlie is a boy because when I put them near each other for a minute Charlie's beard when flaring looked pretty big. CHarlie also seems a little feistier. Dani I'm not too sure about, (s)he is much calmer and likes to chill on her plant. What do you guys think?

Last edited by anitsirk92; 08-20-2014 at 10:52 AM.
anitsirk92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 10:54 AM   #2757 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Dani is a girl, Multicolor VT. Charlie is definitely a boy VT
Old 08-20-2014, 11:40 AM   #2758 
Deadflwr

Here are my baby Betta. I've had Little Fin the longest.
Attached Images

Deadflwr is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
baby betta, good luck guys:), petco, petco babies, petco baby betta