Betta Fish Forum banner

one week old betta and still hasnt eaten!

825 views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  xxabc 
#1 ·
i got my new male betta one week ago today. he hasnt eaten once, from what i have seen, and as of thursday (4 days ago) he just floats at the top of the tank. the first time i saw him like that i thought he was dead because he doesnt move at all. ive tried two different brands of pellets, flakes, and also freeze dried worms and nothing seems to work. i had a female betta once before and she would only eat the dried worms so i thought he was the same but he wont eat them at all.

im really nervous about him and i dont know what else to do! help!

#7 ·
Water quality / temperature / stress seems about right. There's always what I call "new tank syndrome." Just simply moving into a new home, although this can be possibly linked with stress. With a new betta, it's harder to tell if he's stressed or still simply not used to it (my opinion).

But yes, what's the tank temperature, and how often do you clean. ANd when was the last time you cleaned it. And what size is the tank?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.