Betta Fish Forum banner
4M views 13K replies 2K participants last post by  Smaragdina_is_best@12345 
#1 ·
Ok, so I'm sure everyone would love to see the variety of betta tanks/bowls that we have, so post pics of yours here!:-D I have to find my camera, and then I'll get pics of my tanks :)

#3,819 ·
Haha, if I told you I didnt get the plants in any of what we bought in the US, would you giggle? LOL! I didnt get them, either. TBH, the best part of that kit was the airrator ;P

They must be better in canada! D: I called and they were so rude to me. Especially about their heaters..oh, dont get me going on those heaters!!!

#3,822 ·
Here's my first betta, Tihs's 2.5 gallon tank (plants are still growing... you can seeone or two little stubs, lol)
the tanks still a work in progress but Tihs LOVES it:

#3,825 ·
my tank is in my little avatar pic. The plants are "amazon swords" i bought from petsmart. Its the second attempt at a petsmart plant, they dont seem to grow like, at all... I'm going back to That Fish Place to get different ones i think. He needs more stuff, everyone else has a lot in theirs. :/ Maybe i'll go buy a tera cotta pot or somethin.

#3,826 · (Edited)
sassy_bettas tank update

OK so i showed you guys a pic of my tank WAY WAY befor i even did hardly anything to it. since then iv done quite a few updates

picture (1) was just a new tank and had a crappy hearter and like nothing in it .

Picture (2) is the same tank after iv gotten some plants and gravel and a new heater that works ten times better than the old one lol this one actualy know when to heat my tank up lol.
so thats good. not sure about the gravel color , the tank looks a bit orange to me i might add some black gravel into it and take out the HUGE bright flowers lol. that might cut the orange out. i have no clue what color betta i wana get but i want the tank to show off his colors so i tryed to stay neutral in gravel color ( plus i love how this gravel looks with green plants :p
and and i got my lil guy or girl a ceramic cup also neutral tone on the left side :)

so yeah, if you guys have any tips or things to say good or bad go on ahead :) i look forward to it.

Attachments

#3,828 ·
thank you , i wana get some more green plants like the one on the right kinda whispy grass like plants so he can hide but i can still see em lol and a lil bridge for the middle something low, i dont wana croud the tank to much, specially if i wana split it eventually.

#3,839 ·
Not really. Some might like to play and chase the bubbles. They dont need the oxygen from them. Actually, airstones dont really oxygenate the water like its said they do...but thats another topic entirely! LOL!

Btw, hun- the reason you probably didnt have good luck with those other plants is because they werent aquatic. Many sold in stores are not aquatic. Swords arent the easiest to own, but check this out, it may help you :)

http://www.bettafish.com/showthread.php?t=76428

thanks for your help! I'll get another girl to join them. To be safe overnight, I'm going to split them up
That sounds like a great idea. Thanks for being so open to advice. We're excited to see your tank!

Planting heavily like before will help your sorority. Maybe even a little denser ;)

#3,834 ·
oh man :( I really thought 6.6 gallons was good for 4 small girl bettas. But I think what you're saying makes sense. Thing is I can't take any of them out right now because I read not to have less than 4. I have 2 extra 1 gallon tanks I can temporarily house 2 of them in- would either have to put 1 back in the cup she came in or figure something else out. I dont want them to hurt each other either. I have 2 that keep messing with each other but I thought they were establishing themselves - pecking order so to speak. I'm going back to the store for a 10 gal tomorrow and I'll use the 6.6 gal for 1 or possibly 2 males (divided)

#3,838 ·
You're welcome! I hope things go better in the ten gallon. =) I can't wait to see what it looks like. Also, make sure there is one hiding spot (cave) for each female. If you don't want to buy more decorations, coffee cups work great!

#3,842 ·
An update to my aquariums. Unfortunately, they aren't all bettas anymore. The 12 gallon never was, and the 10 that used to be a sorority is now housing some beautiful swordtails, and I have a 5 of red cherry shrimp (love those little guys!!). They are however now, all live plants.

Pumpkinhead still has his kritter keeper!

My mom's fish, Blue Velvet's 2 gallon vase cracked while I was cleaning it. So he recently got an emergency 5 gallon.

Metallica and my newest boy, Deuce Bigalow Fish Gigolo (a piebald halfsun double tail), share the divided 10 gallon.

The red cherry shrimp tank.

The Marineland Eclipse 12 with 4 bubble-bee platies, 1 electric blue wag platy, and 2 half sunset half dalmation platies. Also a cory, a bamboo shrimp, a ghost shrimp and many, many snails.

Finally the 10, with a stark white lyretail swordtail, a tuxedo swordtail, a marigold swordtail, a pineapple "3 sword" swordtail (with an identical baby).

Thanks for looking and enjoy! :)

#3,866 ·
Me thinks Blue Velvet should stay in the 5gal, it suits him so so well! And we all know fishes shouldn't be in vases :p Love your swords! I have some as well. I have 2 Red Wags, 1 Marigold, 1 Orange and 1 Tux male. I also have 5 baby fry that look to be all Tuxs! I just love them, my favorite tropicals (besides me Bettas).

#3,851 ·
If I don't stop looking at this thread I'm going to go out and get another tank and fishie friend and my fiance will get mad at me!