Betta Fish Forum banner

Oh My Bubbles!

685 views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  Koda 
#1 ·
My crowntail, Kinu has gone crazy with his bubble nests!

For his first month with me, he didn't build any nests, but then one day I spot a little one in the corner, and thought it was the cutest thing <3 Since then, he had been building little ones after every water change.
But then today I come home to this monstrosity!
His last water change was last night, and he managed to build all this 0.o

Crazy little boy wants himself a girlfriend ;)

Oh, and I know his decor is lacking. He had some anacharis in there too, but they were melting pretty bad so I'm floating them in a fish-less tank and hoping to try to save them. Not sure what else to put in there if they end up dying :/

See less See more
#3 ·
No, I have been looking for something that'll take up as little room as possible, because his tank is only 2.5g and I don't want to make that space smaller with a bulky filter. I had considered sponge filters, but would prefer an internal filter if I could find something. Until then, I've been doing 1 100% water change a week with 2 50% changes in between, plus he still has a couple of java ferns in there that have been doing well.

#4 ·
He is so pretty love his colors ! How nice he is making bubble nest I think Perseus needs some lessons from him..lol Sorry your Anacharis is not doing well, what kind of light as you using ? I have and 10 watt fluorescent natural sunlight and mine are growing like crazy. Hope they perk back up for you.

#6 ·
Thanks Perseusmom. My other 2 boys could stand to learn from him as well. So far only 1 nest between the two of them, haha.
I'm using an LED strip light I'm not sure about wattage or anything (not sure how that works with LEDs). Right now the anacharis are sitting next to a tank that's using a 15w florescent light in case it was my lighting that did them in.

#11 ·
Wow! Well Kinu is going to be upgraded to a 10g divided tank next week, so he can soon work on attempting that too haha....well work on covering half of the tank anyways, the other half will be left up to Drogo (the boy in my avatar).

@Sprinkles55
Well Kinu didn't start his nest building until I added some cards that hangs on the inside of his tank. One card tells me the ph and the other the ammonia level. His nests always appear on the side with the ph card no matter where I hang it. I think he might have fallen in love with it, haha. Maybe your little fishy just needs some more "motivation" ;)

#9 ·
That is quite the bubble nest!! Wish the male I just spawned made one that big lol!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.