Betta Fish Forum banner

Why Plakats?

1K views 16 replies 14 participants last post by  Katana 
#1 ·
I know beauty is in the eye of the beholder but i just dont see how a short finned betta like the Plakat would be more desirable over a long finned one such as a half moon. What as i missing? Share your PK love with me lol

#4 ·
Yeah, whatever floats your boat. I don't like solid red/blue bettas, myself.

#6 ·
I just got my first (they called them round tails at the lfs). He's gorgeous and if he ever slows down for one second (doubtful), i'll get a picture of him.

I got one bc i already have a VT, a CT, a HM and a female. Figured it would be nice to have one of each anyway.

#8 ·
Yup, its a personal preference really. ;) Though I agree, PKs(and HMs)are really popular, and while there are some REALLY stunning ones out there I'm not really into them either. Believe it or not, I have a preference and soft spot for VTs and CTs, but I think thats mostly from my natural desire to be different and unusual. Those are two common tail types that often, IMO, don't get enough credit. Everyone likes and breeds beautiful PKs and HMs, but I want to one day breed equally as stunning VTs and CTs ;) xD I'm just weird like that.

#11 ·
or you could get him on this site, just a thought. anyway, I have been into this hobby ever since I got Lync. I personaly like HMs, CTs, and Deltas the best, like everyone said its just an I-like-your-features-better-than-yours kinda thing although if I saw a dragon plakat it would be mine in a heartbeat

#14 ·
Preference. I love every betta type and color out there but I love DTs more than the others. As long as I have a betta I'm happy :p .

#16 ·
I used to not like Plakats, but now I just love them. Especially the koi-colored ones.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.