Betta Fish Forum banner

Very Upset :'(

1K views 14 replies 13 participants last post by  Lion Mom 
#1 ·
I know Helios had many fans on this forum... He didn't make it. I'm sorry 1fish2fish, you won't have a chance to save him. After over 5 weeks of refusing all different types of food hejust had no fight left. I noticed him having trouble swimming today and moved him to a smaller quarantine tank. Even in a small floating cup he couldn't gather the strength to go up for air. So I gave a perch and then watched him give up.

I feel like the worst owner. I've had several unnecessary casualties and each one pushes me further away from betta care. I never had the much trouble w our saltwater tanks :(

On a better note, all my other bettas are active and healthy.

#2 ·
Oh noo :( I was keeping up with the progress, I am so sorry he passed. This isn't your fault though, sometimes animals get sick and there really isn't a clear cause. He knows you tried to help him and that you loved him so much, you even considered giving him up thinking someone else could do better. In my opinion, it takes a strong person to be willing to do that. I am so so sorry that he died, but know that you are a great owner and know that Helios knows it too!

#4 ·
Aww, that is terrible news. I am so sorry for your loss. He was one of the most stunning Bettas I have ever seen.
Please do not give up on Bettas. Even if I lost all of mine right now I still could not give up owning them.
Sometimes, unexplainable tragedies happen. One of my ferrets did the same thing, just one day stopped eating, I think he knew it was time to go and that was the only way for him to control it I guess. :(
You cared alot for him and tried your best to save him. That is what counts.

#5 ·
AWWW RIP Helios sorry for your loss monroe0704

#6 ·
Thanks guys. He was a once in a lifetime betta and I'll remember him through art. I wish there was something I could've done! I guess I need to take my own advice and just learn and keep going. 1fish pointed out that he could've had parasites and I didn't even think about this. He never showed any symptoms of an ailment. Is it a bad move to give all my bettas a treatment just in case? I've shared water changing materials between him and other tanks...

#11 ·
monroe0704,

I'm so sorry for your loss. Helios was a beautiful fish. He may have had some congential flaw within him that no one could have fixed. You loved him and tried to do the best for him... that is the most anyone can do for another. :)

#12 ·
OH noo... How sad to here this. He was a real stunning looking guy and must have had something going on inside that wasn't treatable. Please don't make it feel as if it where your fault, infact you took the best of care for him and it was just his time to go. God bless ya.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.