Betta Fish Forum banner

Bubble on eye ????

1K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  moseykitty 
#1 ·
I think H.R.G. has a bubble over his right eye. It looks like a small bubble, kinda cloudy. What is this and how do I fix it?

#4 ·
It must be an epidemic, because mine has it this morning, too. However, Sebastian's whole eye looks like a bubble (or is swollen). He was fine at 2am this morning, but when I looked at him at 9:30am, one eye is bigger than the other. He is in a 1-gallon tank and I change his water once a week. He has live plants, has always been a happy fish, and is a good eater. His water temperature is around 78 degrees. He is still very active and has not lost his appetite. He just has a swollen eye. I have a picture, but I have no clue as to how to post it.

Advice is appreciated!

#6 ·
I think I figured it out!

Here's his good side.

Here's his side with the swollen eye.

This is a straight-on shot.

I'm wondering if he got too close to one of his plants or his home and got a scratch. The eye is cloudy and looks like a scale or something is over it. I'm not familiar with fish ailments to know...

[/url]

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.