Betta Fish Forum banner

My Son's Betta

367 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Aquatail 
#1 ·
New to the group. I have no idea what to do. My son's Betta whom we have had for almost 3 years. He ( and I assume he is a he) comes on our holiday with us very year and is loved by my three children. He unfortunately had an accident and his bowl was knocked down and shattered. My husband scooped him up and I filled a bowl of water in seconds but he has obviously not been the same since. He now is usually on his side at the bottom of his tank.
Any idea what to do to help him?

#3 ·
Thank you for the reply. It happened on Christmas Day. I thought the same thing, he may be just getting over the shock. I didn't touch his tank or clean his water for over a week but did change the water the other day. No change at in his behaviour
since Christmas :-(

#4 ·
Did you add water conditioner? I know its a silly question but in times of emergency we sometimes forget the simpler things. If you did, then are their any obvious injuries?
I hate to say it but sometimes events like this just don't sit well with them at such an age. Let me know how he is doing

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.