Betta Fish Forum banner

Female color changing!

896 views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  Bettaluver4evr 
#1 · (Edited)
I just bought some female bettas (3 to be exact) and I was wondering if anyone else's bettas change their colors regularly? Mine have been flashing breeding stripes and, especially the little blue girl has been intensifying her blue, especially when seeing me or the males (in sep tanks of course). I find it really fascinating and curious and I hope its due to her being happy and not stress. When I moved them from Pet store to home, the red girl was actually copper due to stress (I think) and the blue was practically white. They also were showing signs of aggression at first but they seemed to have mellowed out quite a bit by this morning! No fin nipping or chasing at all! I think they are enjoying exploring and not being stuck in cups anymore! Anyway, I wanted to share my excitement! Yay bettas!

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Hello, welcome to the forum! Your girls are adorable. :) Your girls look perfectly healthy, so I am assuming that the color change is the result of settling in, coloring up, getting used to surroundings, etc. :) They are so cute! Very pretty.

#3 ·
Thanks! I am completely enamoured with them!

#4 ·
You are welcome! They are soooo stinking cute. The colors on the first girl are just gorgeous! The second girl, uh, what a face! And the last girl is just precious, I love blue girls. I have a white marble VT girl, she's my favorite betta! :) Your girls are VT's, right? :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.