Betta Fish Forum banner

Nameless fish

897 views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  JAGalletta 
#1 ·
Here is my little twin tail--he has had quite a few names, but none have stuck.
Maroon, charmander, archer and legolas.

so he is nameless at the moment

I recently added a bubble wall into his tank, and I can't tell if the current it creates is too strong for him :/
He seems ok, but he is always swimming now, and without the bubble wall on, he doesn't constantly swim.
hmm does anyone have experience with bubble walls?
I have a video, heres the link, I hope it works: http://i1237.photobucket.com/albums...2-9138-80CE8BA50A01-2013-0000030604450058.jpg

See less See more
#2 ·
I dont have experience with bubble walls. But I have some name ideas for your guy. You could name him either phoenix, Armani, Leo. I would just go with your heart almost. Like When I name my bettas I go with what comes to me. But I make sure they like there name I can always tell when they do because they will respond to it.

#3 ·
:D thanks
I've been trying, but nothing coming.
I will have to give it a while

#5 ·
Suzaku = red bird/phoenix?

In any case I agree that the bubble wall looks rather..turbulent. If tehre's a way to have it bubble less, or slower, then I think it would be alright. But I would imagine bubbles suddenly popping in a large numbers might actually annoy a lot of aquatic creatures. Though I have seen some aquarium fish don't mind after a while...even play in it. So yea, I'd see about stifling the bubble wall if possible. I don't even know if they have adjustable bubble walls out there or how you might do it, sorry =(

But I wish you luck!

#6 ·
they have valves to control amount of airflow. you just splice it into the airline. has a little knob that turns to adjust. don't know for sure if they would work on bubble wall.works with bubble disks and other air ornaments.

#7 ·
Thanks everyone! c:
Maybe I should just... pile a ton of gravel on it hahaha

#8 ·
IME any kind of airstone is unnecessary in a betta tank unless you've also got gill-breathing fish in there, and may in fact be detrimental to your betta's quality of life due to the currents they produce.

#9 ·
I have air stones with sponge filters in my tanks. I use valves to adjust the current down and they never seem to bother my bettas. I had a bubble curtain in my tank with a betta once and he loved to play in the curtain. Valves work with them as well and you can turn them down to a pretty soft level. Fluffy likes to chase the bubbles from his air stone and pop them. Sometimes the items may not be necessary but do provide entertainment for our colorful little companions.

#10 ·
does anyone think that perhaps when it rains in their wild paddy homes that there is some mild water to air turbulance that is good for bettas? they have a rainy season too. the only two cases i had of finrot happened without some sort of oxygenated water. thats just in my experience though. they still require dissolved oxygen in the water. hanging at the surface of the water isn't common with both the betta i have now.they tend to swim freely and hunt in my plants. shaloknir hides behind his filter once a day or so and blows bubbles.so i know he's happy. i would just dial it down. mine hardly bubbles.

#11 · (Edited)
I have an 8-10" bubble wall in my tank, and I control it down with a gang valve down to the point where I barely get bubbles out of the far end of it. I do this to help disperse heat from the heater, and because he is tank mates with gill fish. This low level of bubbles does not create a current in the tank, but I wouldn't use it without the gang valve because of the current it would make at full blast.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.