Betta Fish Forum banner

The Crazy Cory Catfish Thread!

27K views 199 replies 34 participants last post by  MyRainbowBettaFish 
#1 ·
Share pictures videos and everything else about you cories!

I am getting 3 peppered cories soon, and i am very excited, since i just switched my gravel to sand!

I have hard, alkaline water with a ph of 7.8, but my LFS breeds cories in these conditions :) Anybody else successfully keep them in these conditions?

From Albino's to Bronze, And Emerald to Pygmy! Dont forget Peppered's and black too!
Share your pics! I will get mine in a couple of weeks!

:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D

START SHARING NOW!

#5 ·
I think there already is a cory thread. lol

#10 ·
Lebron, what type and how many? Keep us updated, these are my absolute FAV fish besides bettas lol
*Gasp* How can you love these catfish more than Bettas?! Shame on you! JK. :p I'm getting Albinos/Bronze. Pretty big but oh well. In the 20G they go.

#9 ·
I have some crazy corys! :) lol
I currently only have two, a peppered named Mac and an albino named Cheese. I will be getting a few more after I move in a week or so.

Mac and Cheese are the cutest little things, they are obviously best friends and always playing around. Plus they are so nice to each other, when I drop a pellet down for cheese he'll go eat it but he won't eat another until mac has also atleast had one! :) (and vise versa)

I'm pretty sure albinos are nacturnal so at night mac is usually "sleeping", resting in the log and cheese is non stop "protecting" him, like he always swims around him making sure none of the neon tetras bother him. They are toooo cute!

Cheese is my avatar but I'm on my phone right now so no pics of mac. But I'll post some soon :)

#13 ·
Oh, thanks! But I don't know why I wrote it like that, it doesn't make sense. xD

I was just kidding! :p Who loves any other fish besides Bettas? LOL I never knew that, you learn something everyday! I'll have to put in some extra plants then. Peppers are cute, great choice.
pH: 7.6
Hardness: Very Hard as well, Lebron's rays curled.
Alkalinity: IDK. I don't even know what that is, probably that KH, GH, crap I don't know. xD

#14 ·
I have four albinos (Isis, Jade, Phoebe and Jazzy). They are the craziest little fish I've ever had! They like to poke at my betta. While I love that they are peaceful fish, they are sometimes too peaceful!! (Like at feeding time when my betta bullies them away from their food).
Love these crazy critters :)

#15 ·
Here are my 2 Julii Cory Cats in my 5 gallon
. Left side is Paprika and right side is Pepper.

More Julii Cory cats in my 30 Gallon Tank. Top is Tyler (RIP) Bottom cory catfish is Jagger Jagger.

My 2 Albino Cory Cats in my 30 Gallon tank, Rudolph (RIP) and Clarice

I have a few new Cory Cats that I haven't taken any pictures of yet which are Norville (Julii Cory), Maple & Oakley (Peppered Cory Cats) and Ghosty (Albino Cory)

#22 · (Edited)
What do y'all feed your corrys? I don't mean treats but like their main meal. :)

I use: http://m.petsmart.com/mt/www.petsmart.com/product/index.jsp?productId=11769227&f=PAD%2FpsNotAvailInUS%2FNo

Does anyone else use these? My corys really like them!
I feed mine these two kinds of sinking pellets at night after I turn the tank and room lights off. (One different kind each night) Otherwise my Bettas gobble them up during the day not letting the Cories eat. And YES my cories love the API pellets alot better than regular Shrimp pellets. They fight over the Hikari waffers too LOL. :)

#42 ·
I started with 4 Pandas 3 months a go. I just had to get more! So I picked up 4 new ones the other day. So cute! the bigger ones all took the little ones for a tour of the tank and play with them. Caught them all swimming to the top in an air force formation over and over. They get along with the betta in my sorority and now Im doing research on breeding them too. I just love them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.