Betta Fish Forum banner

HMPK Salamander Spawn

2K views 26 replies 18 participants last post by  BabeIcanDisco 
#1 ·
I don't think I ever started a log for this one, and I never took many pics this time around either.

I spawned them Sep 2, so they are just over 3 months old now. I am just starting to have to remove males. I am so pleased with this spawn - it started as a couple hundred, but many died off early and I was left with 14.

Here are pics of them, minus the 2 I have jarred which are yet to be photographed.

See less See more
#5 ·
Do you plan to sell these guys cause I would definitely be interested in buying some!!! They are so vibrant!

#6 ·
Yes I'll be selling but there won't be many - the surviving left only 14, I am for sure keeping a pair of gasses if not a trio or all (only 4) and a pair or trio of the salamanders. Not sure if I want any cambos - maybe 1 girl for my sorority.

#7 ·
Who were the parents of these little guys? They are BEAUTIFUL!
The salamander coloration has always been one of my favorites, and those MG's were exactly what I wanted to produce when I was breeding. The light lavenderish mustard gas with a white butterfly pattern or white on the anal fin. Gorgeous.

Keep up the Great work! :D

#11 ·
cajunamy- I would really like a salamander, male or female :D

tpocicat-"Salamander" is the name for the maroonish colored ones with the white butterfly pattern. These two are salamanders:

There are also "blue" salamanders that have more blue/purple tint in place of the maroon color but still have the butterfly pattern.

#18 ·
Woah! These fry are so pretty and have amazing fins! That pair must have been one of the best to work with. Im sorry for the loss of many fry. At least you might find a better pair in these fry to get a higher fry number when you breed them again.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.