Betta Fish Forum banner

Final count!

4K views 62 replies 13 participants last post by  mernincrazy8525 
#1 ·
Just finished moving the babies to a 37 gallon tank where they will stay until separation occurs. The final count is 75!!!! I am so beyond thrilled that there are so many.

#13 ·
Wow If you sell them for 5 then you can make a profit of $325, And that is a lot more than you need to continue lines and even start new ones.:-D

What do you think?

#14 ·
Well, 20 for sure won't be sold. About. I imagine I'll be keeping 5-10 and another 10 to family/friends free (only cause I never mentioned price to them but if they ever want more they'll be paying lol)

Hmmm, $300 will about cover a 55 gallon for another growout lol.

I have 1 pair I'm conditioning now, I have another young pair to condition after them (I'm thinking about a month or two between spawns for now) and I have another pair on the way ... lol Might have to move the operation outside, though I'm not sure of the logistics of it all!

#22 ·
Can we get pictures to see what they look like now because im really interested in a breeding pair :)

I havent bred in so long! Only because i was moving. Lately we arent in any luck with houses:/. We are leaving PA this week sometime if we dont find anything, then we have to wait til next year. Which means that i can breed bettas again for another year:)!!! Woot Woot! Lol

#28 ·
I know I can see the pics on "fin rot or color" but I can't find the thread! lol I REALLY want to see the pics, though! Could you post a link quickly? I used the search button, and looked through the threads. lol I'm probably just blind.

#29 ·
Ok I'll post the 6 & 7 week pics here -

6 weeks

7 weeks

re: culling/fins/etc - they all really look exactly the same. about half are darker and bigger, and the other half are lighter/still see through. i can see blue or green iridescence showing up on most of them

eta: thinking about it, i bet the darker ones are the green ones like mama, and the lighter ones are the fancy marbles like daddy - daddy had a white body before the blue marbling took over

#31 ·
@cajunamy: "thinking about it, i bet the darker ones are the green ones like mama, and the lighter ones are the fancy marbles like daddy - daddy had a white body before the blue marbling took over"

Green/green origin like copper look light colored when young while Blue looks dark.... But I could be wrong.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.