Betta Fish Forum banner

is this betta info true?

1K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  Jupiter 
#1 ·
i checked out a tropical fish book it talks about all kinds of tropical fish. one of the tropical fish it talks about is betta fish it says you can keep two female bettas in the same tank with out any harm doneis that true?

#4 ·
and even if you set it up with 4 or more females in 10 gallons or more- some females are more aggressive than others and they still might fight.
my Lulu for example is currently chasing around a huge mollie trying to bite him because she's just a mean fish.

#8 ·
actually, you can do it with some docile young females. BUT IT IS NOT RECOMMENDED!!! During my big betta rescue last year i ran out of diveders and places to put my bettas, and I had two females in with a guppy in a 5 gallon tank, and everyone got along, and still gets along 5 months later

#9 ·
I'm going to try to purchase two females that are in a tank together, I'll tell you how it goes. :O

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.