Betta Fish Forum banner

Male and female in the same tank(divided)

1K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  GR34 
#1 ·
Can I put both a male and female in the same tank say 15 gallons? Obviously with a divider

#4 ·
I heard somewhere that females constantly secrete pheromones that will drive your male crazy trying to get to her.. that's the reason I put my female in her own tank. I think I've seen divided tanks with males and females in it, though, so I'm not 100% certain.

#5 ·
Ive had a divided tank with a male and female...and it wasn't much different then putting a male and a male next to one another. They flared and tried to get to one another for a while(mostly the male, the female lost interest and went on her merry way after a couple days xD)but within a week they were completely ignoring one another ;) Just make sure your divider is nice and secure, as stated previously, provide plenty of hiding spots on each side, watch for signs of stress, and you shouldn't have problems. ;)

#6 ·
My boyfriend actually keeps a divided ten gallon with a male and a female, and both fish are thriving, which is why I said it should be fine even though I forgot to mention this originally. He used a home-made divider, and for the most part his fish (Arthur and Fennie) ignore each other.
Both of them are beautiful and healthy bettas. <3

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.