Betta Fish Forum banner

Omega 1 betta pellets

1K views 24 replies 11 participants last post by  BeautifulBetta123 
#1 ·
So i was at the pet store and saw Omega 1 betta pellets i remember someone saying something about them.
Are they healthy? How much should ii feed if i get them?
Thanks for your help

#2 ·
in my opinion they are the best food for your betta you can find at a petstore, along with new life spectrum. the pellets are pretty small compared to most others, i feed 2 of them twice a day

#4 ·
My bettas love them and are doing great! I feed 3 in the morning, and 2 at night..but, it also depends on the size of the fish, and the size of their belly at the time..if they are looking too pudgy they get a fasting day.

#7 ·
Omega one is a great food as well as NLS.
My betta was about 1 1/2 inches long and she got 3 in the morning and 3 at night. Although it depends on your betta, as long as he doesn't look bloated youre good ;-)

#8 ·
*suspects she is ocerfeeding*

#9 ·
Hey I was just wondering about that... Are you supposed to feed them enough so that their belly is ever so slightly more rounded than before the feeding?

#11 ·
No, I can answer. (Sorry for hijacking!)
You want the belly to be a soft curve onwards to the anal fin. Like this:
\___
^ \____\ <- Anal Fin
Soft Curve. (The intersection should be more round)

#13 ·
Yep. The one about the soft curve is correct. To be honest, I never really understood the 2nd one about the "borderline". The 2nd Betta looked like it had that chicken "thingy" near it's ventrals.

#14 ·
lol I think it's flaring and it's just a weird angle. Anyway my betta is thinner than the soft curve one so could I feed him a little more at a time? Like maybe one extra pellet per feeding?

#15 ·
Finfinfriend, it's better to break his feedings into twice a day.
So you could try 3 pellets twice a day, that's what Teeney got.

#16 ·
Thank you for your help but I believe feeding them more than once a day is unnecessary (though unharmful) because they are cold-blooded and carnivores and their digestive systems are different than say, a human or even an herbivorous fish.

I see where you're coming from though.

#18 ·
Well I have been giving him four a day but I think I can see his rib cage a little and he has a flat belly so I'm thinking I might bump him up to five.

I feed him NLS pellets so they are pretty small compared to other brands...

#21 ·
I can't answer that question but finfriend it is fine to ask any quetions you want as i am learning from your questions lol and my betta is fed 3 in the morning and three at night i try and resist giving him an extra one when he 'asks' for more :)

#23 ·
I think you should keep it on here because i get instant email notifications lol and i don't want to subscribe to another thread i need to unsubscribe from a bunch already but it is :) your choice

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.