Betta Fish Forum banner

Help cat lose weight!?

3K views 48 replies 7 participants last post by  madmonahan 
#1 ·
I think my cat has nipple cheese but I don't know for shore....I heard it can happen when a cat is overweight and can't reach his belly to clean it. He is a little overweight but I don't know how I would put him on a diet because he is in during the day and out at night! We have 4 other cats outside so when I put him out he would eat all that food so it wont help. And I can NOT keep him in all day and night! He get very.....CRAZY!!!

I dont know what to do.....he eats everything he can! From human food to dog food! Of course I keep him away from those as best I can. Please help! Any suggestions??:-(

#3 ·
Oh I know! Just when I'm eating he tries to eat my food! Of COURSE I push him away....but the only thing he does is sleep and eat, sleep and eat! He wasn't as fat until we went on a trip and my friend took care of the animals. She would fill his bowl to the top everytime! And I had told her NOT TO THE TOP! I just put it halfway and he eats it in 30 min! He's like a betta :/ doesn't know when to stop....

#11 ·
I would just suggest spending a little more play time per day with him (cat owner for 15 years) and if you can, feed him separately from the others. Feed your other (4?) cats first while keeping the overweight one inside or in a different area until they are done, and then feed your special guy. If you can, ask a vet about a good diet cat food to get him on, and go for that, if you can't then just feed smaller amounts of food, or buy some diet brand cat food.

That's the best advice I can give ya, extra play time is important, especially if your cat is getting older and doesn't like to play as much, try different activities, string, feathers, ribbon, the little red laser light of doom, any thing that might get his attention. My Shadow, before she passed away last year, loved playing with those little felt mice things xD

#17 ·
Cool! Thanks everyone! I think I'm gonna put him on a diet and play with him as much as I can! ;) he's my big baby!!! We call him Mr.mom because he takes care of all the foster kittens I bring in! Everytime he sees a new kitten I see that look in his eyes that say "really another on!?" he cleans them and plays with them....while laying down....I just totally changed the subject! :) ;p

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.