Betta Fish Forum banner

Filter Advice?

1K views 12 replies 5 participants last post by  TaraHanon 
#1 ·
I know they aren't necessary, but I bought an Elite Filter for my Betta today, got it all set up and put it in my tank (3 gallon) and it floats :-? Its supposed to sit on the bottom of the tank but it won't stay there. I have tried to move the rocks around and make a little 'nest' for it but to no avail, it still floats... Any ideas on how to make it stay there? I go the filter because I work long hours all week.

Thanks for any help.

#2 ·
Hmm. Im not sure what you should do. Maybe the filter is made for a bigger tank and requires more water to keep it at the bottom. Maybe try covering it up with rocks or something.
Good Luck

#3 ·
I have a question, I bought a 1 1/2 gallon nice little starter tank for my betta and my plescostemus. After about 3 days the water turned cloudy, even though i used fresh water and stabilizer....but my main problem is that my filter is blowig tons of bubbles all over the surface of the tank. What am I doing wrong??

#4 ·
I have found a filter that fits my tank and it sticks to the side!!! BettaGirl, try a gang valve(?) I have one with my filter and you can adjust the amount of air that goes through it. Walmart has a 3 in one valve for less than $5.

#6 ·
Well I bought the smallest plesco I could find. He fits just nicely for my starter tank. Once I feel more secure in raisig them, I will get a larger tank. My only concern at this point is the the so called "whisper quiet" filter is blowing bubbles everywhere? Will this harm the fish? How do I slow that down or make it stop completely?

#11 ·
Last time I checked, I was under the correct topic for my issue. Why would I want to start an entire new topic for the same issue?? Scratches her head...:roll:
Only because TaraHanon started this particular thread in regards to his/her filter issue which is the fact that it won't sit at the bottom of the tank.

You hijacked his/her thread, so to speak, and when people click on this thread they are going to try to answer the original questions answered. It's extremely frustrating for someone trying to get specific help, when someone else basically interrupts.

No one is being rude to you. It's very true that you probably would get more help if you start your own topic. While "Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories" is the correct FORUM, starting a thread (within the forum) for your OWN questions is up to you.

TaraHanon, glad you found something that works!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.