Betta Fish Forum banner

Heater?

1K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  Calmwaters 
#1 ·
Hi there, I just bought my first Beta (Puppy) a month ago. it's starting to cool down in Canada and I'm wondering about a heater. I have him in a large glass vase with a square top....is there a heater that hooks over the side? Or maybe one you set the bowl on top of? He seems happy, although he's a little less aggressive lately. he used to get really excited at feeding time and even takes pellets out of my hand! he's still eating, but is slowing just a little. Should I be worried? and is my gut right that I might need a heater? Thanks!

#5 ·
even the mini will be too much heat for a vase that small.. you should only heat containers that are 2+ gallons, as things can go very wrong very fast in anything smaller.. I would suggest getting him a larger home with a heater.. in the meantime tho, a lamp over the vase will probably provide sufficient heat, as long as you remember to turn it off at night so he can rest.

#6 ·
.. in the meantime tho, a lamp over the vase will probably provide sufficient heat, as long as you remember to turn it off at night so he can rest.
chuckling; Yep ElmoFish, FredFish has definite opinions about the room light I need for studying. I created the first signature because I found him staring straight at me, 'cept he was asleep. FredFish is all geeked about our state's biggest intra-state collegiate football match tomorrow. :blueyay:

#7 ·
I agree in order to put a heater in there you will need at least 2 gallons or more plus your fish would be happier in a bigger home. If you have Petsmart there they have a nice little 2.5 gallon like I got for about $14.00.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.