Betta Fish Forum banner

Things to float & make bubble nests in?

3K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  Hadouken441 
#1 · (Edited)
I have one guy who is constantly building bubble nests (like THE second I stop changing his water). He is on the side of the filter (which he CHOSE - he jumped the divider and started building bubble nests behind the filter - thank God that side was empty!) so he has a hard time keeping a bubble nest. Can you guys recommend something flat that I can float at the top that will allow him to make a nest under it? I cut off a couple of large leaves from a silk plant but they always end up sinking. Would it be ok to buy a large leafed plastic plant and float that at the top (just a leaf)? I don't have much clearance at all between the water and top of the lid.

Thank you!

#5 ·
Yeah the leaves are only about 1cm long... basically like oversized duckweed. It grows fine under fluorescents in all my tanks from 2.5g - 20g. I think that since it sits on the surface you don't exactly need a lot of wattage to light it wheras underwater plants get refracted light and therefore need a lot more.

You should be able to find some by posting on craigslist or a local aquarium forum.... it grows like crazy in peoples aquariums and ponds so you should get a sizeable portion for very cheap if not free. Or if you have to order it then you can sell off all the excess lol! It's nice too because unless duckweed if you want it out of the tank you can just scoop it out easily rather than torching the tank lol.

#8 ·
These floating logs are awesome that they sell at legit fish stores. Its a hollow log that floats and on the top of it theres a hole for feeding// bubble nests. Its really good looking in my opinion :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.