Betta Fish Forum banner

How can I get yellow babies?

447 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  indjo 
#1 ·
I have a nice yellow crown tail female and I would like to breed her and keep the yellow color. Would I have to breed her with a yellow male or could I use another color and get part yellow offspring?

#3 ·
Yellow = red + blond + non red + cambodian (blond and non red are hidden - don't always physically show)

Breed to another yellow or a clean red cambodian. If bred to bright red (red with blond genes) you may lose the yellow because yellow is very recessive. You may have to breed to f2 - 3 to get a clean yellow color.

#4 ·
Don't mean to hijack this thread, but just learned something. Have been thinking of a combination I would like to work on, and need the blond gene. Do all yellows have the blond gene? I did not know this. Is it possible that you would have yellow without it? If they all carry blond, it would make my project very easy! (Thanks again Indjo, Sorry Masterdan407, I promise, just this one question)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.