Betta Fish Forum banner

Bloated Stomach help?!

3K views 15 replies 4 participants last post by  punkchica321 
#1 ·
I hope I'm just being paranoid and this is nothing but anyway so Chevy just ate for the first time and I noticed he was bloated under the stomach while eating.

Is the beginning of dropsy or something else? I really hope it's not dropsy. :-/

See less See more
#4 ·
I'm not sure, you can google it though. When one of my fish had dropsy, I caught it too late. When they reach the pine-coning stage, it's usually fatal. He could also have SBD. I'd research that also. Does he have trouble swimming? Can he go to the bottom of the tank or does he stay on the top?

#5 ·
He can swim just fine so I don't think its SBD, I'm hoping/thinking he might just be constipated if he ate some of the food that fell to the bottom of the tank from the other times that I've attempted to feed him and he didn't eat at the time.

#15 ·
Sometimes their bellies look like that after they eat. :) Freedy looks like that for about an hour, then he poops somewhere and suddenly looks normal again. xD

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.