Betta Fish Forum banner

Meet Ace...

1K views 22 replies 17 participants last post by  ChoclateBetta 
#1 ·
Here is my new halfmoon double tail. I got him the day after I got my very first ace in disc golf... so naturally I named him Ace.

See less See more
#16 ·
Gorgeous, and so unique!! Great find!

#17 ·
I feel like the worst betta mommy ever! I came home to find poor Ace stuck in his terracotta pot. He tried to swim through that stupid little hole in the bottom of the pot and got his head stuck in it. His head, gills and ears where pinched through it. My dad had to squeeze his gills in and push him back though. He went completely pale and the poor little guy was so stressed. Now he has a big cut on the top side of his body from trying to swim through the hole. He is in a hospital tank with aquarium salt and nice warm water. He already has all of his color back. I feel so bad for the little guy.

#20 ·
Alot of people here block up the holes in their pots that are used in their tanks just for that same reason. Alot of fish seem to try to swim through the hole but get stuck. Glad he is ok! You can stuff a plastic plant through the hole or use aquarium sealant to glue on a glass rock or marble etc. then the hole will be blocked off and safe to use again.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.