Betta Fish Forum banner

New Here! Brief intro..

974 views 14 replies 12 participants last post by  turtle10 
#1 ·
Hey everyone! I'm Dana and I just joined a couple of days ago..
I'm super excited to have found an entire forum (not just a puny website!!) dedicated to the care and keeping of bettas. They are such beautiful, tranquil, and charismatic little creatures!

I got my male veiltail on August 16, 2010. On that day I was moving into an apartment and with no roommates I decided I should have some type of companion ;)

Hugh is my first betta so I'm still in the process of learning about all of their little intricacies..

Me and Hugh Hefner (Hugh, Huey, Huey Lewis and the News, Hubert, Fish, Feesh, Fishy, FishFace and other assorted names...)

"Hey guys"

Showing off that tail!

See less See more
#3 ·
Welcome to the forum! Your betta is so pretty! They do make wonderful pets and companions. ;D
I agree, your tank is on the small side! I know space can be pretty limited, but bigger is better for a betta! :) Are you planning on upgrading soon? :)

#4 ·
^^yep! He has a 1 gallon bowl now with only two "toys" in it so he has a bit more room, and the water is typically a little higher than what is shown in the first picture. The second two pictures are actually quite old, I believe his first bowl was a half gallon (the second and third picture) - he was a bit cramped.

I am looking into upgrading, I'm thinking of checking out the local craft stores to hopefully find a really large vase, the pet stores around here don't have much of a selection :(

#5 ·
Very pretty fishy

#9 ·
Very pretty fishy :) and I love his name. I bet he's a lady's man xD

#13 ·
a bit late for the party, but welcome to the forum. I'm pretty fresh off the boat too, I only signed up about a week ago, and I've already found this site very useful (bookmarked in my lappy already :p)

You have a cute setup happening for the little guy, and he's really adorable :) the colours are very solid, too. Being an artsy person, that's what I love about these little guys.

Hope you get the help you need in this forum if you have any queries, just ask around :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.