Betta Fish Forum banner

These bettas are beauties!!

2K views 35 replies 12 participants last post by  monroe0704 
#1 ·
Just got my shipment from Karen and I'm am speechless! They are far more beautiful than any of the Thai bettas I've gotten. Plus they're sooo healthy! I have photos of most of them... just missing one female. She was waaaaaaay to aggressive to have in the sorority, so she's in a small quarantine tank right now while I set up a spot for her in a bigger tank. She kinda looks like Beat2020's male red marble when he was very young.

First, here's Beat2020's little baby I had gotten a few weeks back. Look at that color coming in! How beautiful! I'm still not sure when fry are old enough to sex... so far that white (ovipositor?) isn't disappearing... BUT the shape and fins make me wanna say male.. what do you think?? I'm so new at this!

Next up are the beautiful fish from Martinismommy (Karen)! (and a few extras since they were wanting pics too lol)

Male #1

Beautiful spread!!!

Male #2

Amazing pastel!

Didn't get many pics cuz he wouldn't pose lol!

Female #1

Love the light mint color <3

Sharkpedo! The sorority cleaner... kinda slacking recently, gonna have to throw some snails in soon!

Tiny Felidia!

See less See more
#2 ·
Wow! Gorgeous bettas!!! :) Looooove them all, but the pastel minty white one is just amazing! I love martinismommy's bettas, grr! :) Gorgeous! Love the sorority.

#3 ·
Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous! O.O
Great photos, I especially like the picture with his surface reflection! And that little pastel guy, I bet he looks amazing swimming through the water.

#9 ·
The pastel with red. She's VERY aggressive. The mint girl is doing just fine.

@Sweeda - Thanks for pointing this out! For now he's mild mannered and the girls give him more crap than he gives them haha... I'll keep an eye out, and I'm actually just borrowing him from my parent's community tank since I'm having issues with algae... as you can see on my pics!

#18 ·
I will probably start with the mint girl and pastel guy. I'm SO HAPPY that she has visible breeding bars! My first fish with this :D The marble guy is amazing, but I want to grow him a bit first... he's still a little guy <3 But boy is he feisty too! I'll prob pair him with the red marble. He won't leave his PK neighbor alone! Hah.. about to put an IAL on the divider so he doesn't get himself too tired!

#24 ·
Oh wow... the red/blue marble is.... he's amazing.... wow.

That little dbt is really cute, too. :D

#26 ·
Wow is right, he's so gorgeous! Amazing! Argh, Karen, I want a betta from you! Hahaha. Lil yellow man is stunning.

#30 ·
Will do! I can't wait to spawn this guy! His fins are amazing! Of course I am still learning in what to look for on show quality bettas... I can read and reread the IBC info, but it's going to take a lot more hands on experience. I can definitely see a huge difference between your fish and the fish I got from Thai breeders labeled as "show quality" LOL... they use that term way too loosely!

Thanks for the compliment on photography :D I hear this a lot and now I'm unsure if it's worth buying an actual quality digital camera! HAH

#32 ·
Sounds good! Thanks for providing me with an on hand example ;)

Oh and some cute info... my daughter was attached to one fish a while back, but while moving he couldn't handle the stress and didn't make it :( But now she has again found a fish to love... the marble male! I'm guessing it's because of the contrast between the red and green/blue.. it's too cute to watch her studying him. She has a good eye for quality hahah

#33 ·
Awww, how sweet! Well, she has good taste, that fish is gorgey! :) Sorry bout her fishy though!

#36 ·
I actually just used my iPhone4! The 4 captures light very well and if you tap on an object (on the screen) it will automatically adjust to focus on that object. Helpful when there's fish and plants all in one shot! My digital camera shots are horrible! Mostly because it takes soooo long for the shutter to capture the object!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.