Betta Fish Forum banner

Broken line

786 views 8 replies 3 participants last post by  norico 
#1 ·
My fish has broken his Dorsal Fin. He has small his fin. Yesterday, I changed water, and feed. But he didn't any accident. I found this morning.

Housing
What size is your tank? He is in 2 gallo hospital wank
Does your tank have a filter? Yes
Does your tank have an air stone or other type of aeration? Yes
Is your tank heated? Yes
What tank mates does your betta fish live with? None

Food
What type of food do you feed your betta fish? Some pellets and frozen redworms
How often do you feed your betta fish? No food Twice a day

Maintenance
How often do you perform a water change? I learnen water change schedule this site, and I do that. But I changed water yesterday
What percentage of the water do you change when you perform a water change? I change 50% and 100% a week
What type of additives do you add to the water when you perform a water change? IAL

Water Parameters:
Have you tested your water? If so, what are the following parameters?
My water is no problem

Symptoms and Treatment
How has your betta fish's appearance changed? Today, I found his fin broken
How has your betta fish's behavior changed? Hmmm, it's hard to tell you, he is sick yesterday. He is hide
When did you start noticing the symptoms? As soon as I saw him
Have you started treating your fish? If so, how? I add Maracyn2 yesteday. Today, I change water 25% and add medicine and salt
Does your fish have any history of being ill? Yes, he has fin-rot and septicemia. He is weak when he was child. He almost in hospital tank
How old is your fish (approximately)? He is one year five months old

I would like to know his fin is become better, or he always broken.
He has big appetite and normal poop.

Thank you,

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Hi Norico,

1) What medicine are you using right now? How long have you been using it?
2) How much aquarium salt are you adding? How long have you been using it?
3) Could he have torn the fin on something, like a decoration?

Poor little guy!
Hello LittleBlueFishlets,

Thank you for reply.
1) I use Maracyn 2, and two days.
2) I add salt 0.5%, and two days.
3) No, I don't put in any torn decoration. I didn't add somthing deco recently. He is in a couple of months with deco.

Thank you !

#6 ·
I don't see any fin rot or septicemia....? But yes, there is definitely a problem with his dorsal fin. I don't know what's causing it though. I sent a message to Sakura8 to ask her about this. Maybe she will know what's wrong with him.
Yes, he has problem.
Thank you so much for sent a message to Sakura8. She alwasy help me.
I really appriciate your kind !

Thank you very much.

#5 ·
Konban wa Norico. His dorsal fin (the top fin). It looks like it is just kind of a string that is broken. Is that right? It never looks like this, spread out?

If his fin is just the string part, then the broken part will probably fall off but as long as the water is clean, the fin should regrow. However, if the fin has been damaged too much, it may not grow back and he'll always have a stump there. That shouldn't harm him though.

Continue with the medication until you've finished the full course and then return him to clean water. :)

#7 ·
Konban wa Norico. His dorsal fin (the top fin). It looks like it is just kind of a string that is broken. Is that right? It never looks like this, spread out?

If his fin is just the string part, then the broken part will probably fall off but as long as the water is clean, the fin should regrow. However, if the fin has been damaged too much, it may not grow back and he'll always have a stump there. That shouldn't harm him though.

Continue with the medication until you've finished the full course and then return him to clean water. :)
Konbanwa, Sakura! Thank you every time.
Yes, it looks like a string is broken.
Not spread out.

My friend has Plecostomus, he has experience this, and he often cut fish fin.
I don't want to cut my boy fin, but should I ?

He is good except his dorsal fin.

Yes, I keep the clean water right now.

Thank you for everything.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.